PDA

View Full Version : Art-Agent.com and Artistnation.com

walden
02-04-2002, 12:57 AM
I haven't yet started trying to market my work, and am exploring possibilities. This month I will try an eBay auction. I am also looking at registering a domain name, and possibly moving my web site. Question, has anyone here sold through art-agent.com, and is it better if your website is on artistnation if you want to do that? Any other tips or advice?

Thanks!

blondheim12
02-05-2002, 08:02 AM
Lisa,
Those venues were not successful for me at all. I have sold a couple of paintings at Ebay.
Love,
Linda

walden
02-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the input, Linda. Judging from the number of people who have looked at this thread versus the number of responses, my guess is that your experience is common.

CarlyHardy
02-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Walden, I can't speak for everyone but I do know that Art Agent does have sales. Now when someone expresses an interest in a piece of art, they are directed to the artist for the sale.

My website is at artistnation.com but I do have my own domain name. I use redirection service to direct folks to my site. I have sold artwork from my website...definitely not a lot! but it does happen.
You asked if you need to have your work on artist nation in order to sell thru Art Agent....yes. The tools for uploading images and filling in your sales information are all on your Artist Nation site. They are integrally linked to each other.

I also sell on ebay! and have found that my site gets a lot of attention because viewers follow the link from MY ABOUT ME page to the site. The two (my auctions at ebay and my site) work together for marketing!

I don't think you can find a better deal than Artist Nation offers...free webspace, you can set up and maintain your own files, freedom to link your images to your auctions (most free sites don't allow this), and a great owner who takes artist's needs to heart!
carly

walden
02-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback carly-- by the way, I've browsed your site and it looks great, and your work is beautiful. :) I'm still investigating. My ISP (Earthlink) wants me to upgrade my account in order to be able to register a domain name. I already pay $20 per month for my internet access and some 20 megs of disk space. In order to get the domain name, though, the upgrade will mean that I pay $40 per month-- for internet access and 170 megs of disk space, which is way more than I need. Temporarily, they're waiving the domain registration fee of $35 per year, but in future years I will pay that. So, basically I'm in for an additional $275 per year over the $240 I pay now, which I think is a lot, since I want so little. :)

CarlyHardy
02-05-2002, 08:44 PM
LISA....check out www.mydomain.com You can get your own domain name there and they have redirection service...free and email addresses with your own domain name redirected also.

A domain name will cost you about 14.95 a year! and the rest is free. Don't pay higher prices to an isp for your own name!! My ISP cost me $16.95 per month.

carly

walden
02-05-2002, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the reference, carly! I went right over there and registered, so pretty soon I should have it all up and running. That is a great deal-- fits my needs exactly. Maybe I need to re-consider my ISP, since I'm not too happy with them-- who do you use?