Year Created: 1998
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 31 x 47 inch
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I had this imagination at the beach of Grand Canaria

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm interested in all honest and strict comment.

outporter
01-07-2006, 04:22 PM
This is a powerful composition. However, I find there are several conflicting focal points...the first is the highlight in the sand which conflicts with where the womans hand is "going"...and second focal point seems to be in the womans neck area, the last focal point seems to be in the sun over the horizon which really forces your eye to travel too much. I think your foreshortening is well rendered, however the torso area is slightly too long.

I do like your overall concept very much!

Michael

vargamari
01-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Thank you Michael,
I partly agree with you (torso), but I have to say: there are much more gentle lights at the original, but sorry, I couldn't shut a better photo for the web. The whole impression is more "pastel" in the reality.
Thank you again.

Constellation
01-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi Vargaman.... This is very powerful and I love your imagination. Perhaps the drawing is a little off but the idea is super. Good job! Donna

pampe
01-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Great idea and concept

Agree about the drawing being a little off, especially around her left hip

Nice work!

Nayana
01-07-2006, 06:48 PM
beautiful, thoughtful and very appealing.

vargamari
01-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Donna, Pampe and Nayana: Thank you!

tazaharra
01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi Vargamari, Wow !! that's visual poetry ! the sand dunes morphing to a womans breast, knees and melting to some linear curves of a womans body. Great concept. Something sensual about being alone. The piece is erotic with even trying. (is the woman actually pleasuring herself?) Nice work, cheers !!

tazaharra
01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi Vargamari, Wow !! that's visual poetry ! the sand dunes morphing to a womans breast, knees and melting to some linear curves of a womans body. Great concept. Something sensual about being alone. The piece is erotic with even trying. (is the woman actually pleasuring herself?) Nice work, cheers !!

vargamari
01-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Thank you Tazaharra! I weight your words!

Greetings,