PDA

View Full Version : Ebay categories? Relp!

Epicurea
02-03-2002, 11:17 PM
Ugh! Trying to start my first auction, but the categories...there's so many...

Should you be as specific as the system will let you? For example, with prints, do you list them as Antiques & Art: Art: Prints: Contemporary (1950 - now): Limited Editions...or will that limit search results? Should I avoid the digital art category, as auctions there seem to have fewer hits & bids? Has it been your experience that the self-representing artists auctions really get fewer hits and bids? :confused:

For those of you selling prints on Ebay, which categories have you gotten the best results in?

Cassandra

CarlyHardy
02-03-2002, 11:34 PM
I think you have the right category...Art; Print; Contemporary
You could post in the Self-Representing Artist category, too, but double listing will cost you double the listing fee...but only one selling fee.

I wouldn't post in digital..unless your works are created by digital. If they are prints of original paintings, then you would want to be in a category where buyers will search for paintings, as well as prints.

I don't have prints, but I know some of the other ebay sellers here at wetcanvas do.
carly

Epicurea
02-04-2002, 01:26 AM
Okay, I have repeatedly tried to start an auction, have all fields filled out, yet I'm getting an input error message every time I try to submit. :(

Any suggestions?

sketchdude
02-04-2002, 06:53 AM
I've gotten the input error before, sometimes it can be a browser issue. I started out posting auctions with Internet Explorer, but got the input error several times, so I switched to Netscape.
I've never been able to edit my about me page with IE, but for whatever reason, Netscape always works for me.
If you have trouble with Netscape, try Opera. Many experienced users swear by that browser for listing. Also check out the help forums over there for more tips.

Epicurea
02-04-2002, 11:16 PM
Thanks, Sketch! I downloaded the freeware, ad-supported version of Opera (was using IE, have used Netscape before, but Opera had the highest rating on download.com). Listing went just as smooth as can be! Only been using it for about an hour now, but so far I'm pretty impressed. It did do funny things to the ebay listing page though...for example a single drop down menu for choosing category rather than the several boxes I had to deal with before...and ipix appears to be not an option if you're using Opera. But so far it has been 'superfast' just as advertised.

C