PDA

View Full Version : New here! Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself!

otterific
01-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Wow! I've come to WetCanvas on and off to look at the great reference photos, and finally decided to check out the forums. I haven't been able to leave my computer screen for days! I am trying to absorb all the wealth of information on this site! Especially about pastels. They are by far my favorite medium, but I have not a clue as to what I'm doing. Seeing all the works in progress, and the wonderful information has me really inspired.
Peggy

HarvestMoon
01-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Peggy- a huge and warm welcome- this is a really great bunch of people- and you will make it even better!
Linda

dlake
01-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Peggy, Welcome. I am a member for a whole week!!! new also. I ended up here for the same reason as you. I kept coming for learning and ended up joining after awhile. I'd love to see your work. I bet it's fabulous. I'm a big mouth so I just jumped right in even tho I felt really ackward for a few days. I'm much more comfortable now. HELLO!

otterific
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
lol dlake, - I'm definitely of the shy type, so I tend to listen rather than speak (or, as in the case here - read and observe, rather than type). If someone can explain how to post a picture, I will give it a try.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Linda.

PeggyB
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Welcome Peggy! From another Peggy - we aren't usually a well represented name so it is nice to have that in common as well as our love of pastel. Soon you will be typing away as this becomes addictive, and hard not to put in your two cents worth because everyone is so thoughful. You'll find there are as many views as there are people writing them - truly something for everyone.

Peggy

Kathryn Wilson
01-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi Peggy! Welcome to the Pastel Forum - I'm glad you decided to join - no need to be shy, we all were newbies at one time or another.

If you need help, or have question, feel free to as any of the Guides or Mods - we are here to help.

Kat

Khadres
01-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Welcome! Always nice to see new faces here! So far as I know, none of us bites, so don't be afraid to jump in and participate. You'll find the people here to be both very talented and very willing to share their expertise...I've learned more on here than I could have in ten formal classes, I'm sure.

Deborah Secor
01-07-2006, 02:41 PM
If someone can explain how to post a picture, I will give it a try.

Hi and welcome! In the Welcome Forum--New Users (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=35) there's a great thread that pretty much gives you all the information you want on uploading images (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297697). It's really not too hard, and as Kat said, if you need help just ask one of the Mods or Guides--or anyone else who has a good number of posts.

Hope to see some of your work!

Deborah

otterific
01-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I've learned more here in three days of reading (my neck is stiff!), and have gotten answers to many of my questions already. This place is better than any art class - there is such a great wealth of information here, it's even a bit overwhelming! I love the works in progress threads!
Peggy

Pat Isaac
01-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Welcome aboard, Peggy. You are going to love it here and don't be shy as everyone helps out.

Pat

KJSCL
01-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Hello Peggy - welcome to WC & and pastel forum. This is defintely a good place for learning. Look forward to seein some of your work!

CindyW
01-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi Peggy,
Welcome! and glad to meet you!
Cindy