Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Just some more of my work.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments.

Dana Design
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi, and welcome!

It's good to remember and concentrate on your light source. Where is it coming from? The light source would brighten those 'contacts' that are directly in the light and darken those parts of the object in medium dark and in the darkest dark.

It's difficult to tell where your light source is coming from. The very black lines are too harsh, too stark compared to the rest of the flower.

Lighten your touch; and, paint what you see and not what you think you see. Would love to see you do this again!

Corby
01-07-2006, 01:04 AM
The advice on light and light source is good, I just wanted to say that for me tulips are a flower with attitude. They are not frilly silly they are very streight forward and plain. What you see is what you get. To me that's part of their charm and you have captured that feeling well!

Grunge
01-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I think that this piece is quite lovely. It definately has colour appeal. It is calming. It is graceful.

as the light source has already been covered, I'll move on to tonal value.

You have four main petal. I'm numbering them 1 through 4 from left to right. Petal #1 is very flat. this is due to its tonal value. within itself, the tonal value does not have much change. It needs to be more rounded off.

My eye is picking up on the brightest yellow of the leaf. It is right there next to the lightest part of the background and petal #1, a rather dark value. Because you have such lights and darks right there together, the viewer is drawn to that area and we get pretty much stuck there. So I'm thinking you might want to throw in some other striking lights and darks to help the viewer work around the painting.

you do have nice direction working in the piece. the vertical line of the paining keeps my eye moving up and down but I think some lights and darks to the right side of the painting will help move the viewer from left to right.

pampe
01-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I agree about the feel and the simplicity

Also agree with the comments regarding light souce and values

Good work