PDA

View Full Version : new to digital art

cnair
01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi,

I'm new to medium - discovered a free paint program and decided to give it a go - still using the mouse. Grateful comments on attached. I usually paint oils or acrylic on paper.

Tundra 2

reflections

Tundra 1

Chandran

Elvira
01-06-2006, 01:05 PM
You got some very nice effects is it Art Rage you are using, it is a fun program and many get some amazing results with it.

I particularly like the top one.

welcome to WC Digital Art.
Edie

cnair
01-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Yes. It is ArtRage. Thanks for the welcome.

Chandran

LadyAlba
01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Fantastic paintings and I have seen some beautiful work with that program. :) Welcome to WC Digital! :wave:

jhercilia
01-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Simple but very effective. Love the color schemes.

Skinny
01-06-2006, 07:06 PM
WELCOME. Chandran! Super! :clap: You remind me of why we look to Paris for beauty and elegance. Some of our very best artists are using ArtRage. Even though it's a simple program, it tools are powerful. Looking forward to more....

cnair
01-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks to all for the warmth and I look forward to participating more.

Have a request for a largish abstract and thought I'd do some studies on the screen. Delighted at the versality of ArtRage and after seeing all your excellent work I realise this is a whole new medium to explore. Probably have to acquire a tablet soon.

Chandran

omniartz
01-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Chandran, Welcome to Digital Arts! Your work is very expressive and your colors are sublime. I believe that the third image is my favorite! :)

cnair
01-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Thank you Kirk. Here is the next in the "Tundra" series - I seem to be doing the seasons without having set out to do so!

Chandran

TxAggieDarlin
01-09-2006, 11:07 AM
I think you are in for a great treat............you can practice practice and practice and not have all the canvases sitting around and the mess....then you find something you want to do in traditional, have a go.

You can also download from Corel, Painter 9 or 10 ( I have 9) for a free trial of 30 days and you might enjoy that too....brushes are fantastic....Have fun