PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat question

rita schneck
01-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Hello, I think I have narrowed down my first torch to be a Bobcat. My question is can a marver be attatched to the torch like others? I am a newbie so I have no frame of reference. Also from other posts this torch runs fine on one oxycon right? That is my next decision, what oxycon. I am in the process of setting up my studio and got a Grainger motor for my ventalation system today and figured I needed to make some equipment decisions! Thanks in advance for your time. Rita in AZ

magpie999
01-05-2006, 08:21 AM
HI Rita!
Congratulations on purchasing a Bobcat! You're gonna love it!
You can run a Bobcat with one oxycon wonderfully but later, if you want to go faster do larger beads or do boro, get two oxycons:) I can't advise on oxycons, since I went with a generator.....
As for marver, there is one specifically made for the Bobcat by Arrow Springs:
http://www.arrowsprings.com/html/torch_accessories.html
These marvers are awesome!!! They might need some minor minor adjustment to fit perfectly on your torch but they are wonderful!!
:)

Lisa Jordan
01-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Rita, I run my bobcat on one oxycon just fine. (and I make pretty big beads!) Two would be nice though. I bought mine through Paulette at Suncoast, she was very helpful. I think she passed her business on to someone else though and I don't know the new name. Also, I have a torch mounted marver that I bought from Wale Apparatus that I don't think I could live without. Lisa