PDA

View Full Version : The Sassybird Expanded Logo Design

sassybird
02-03-2002, 02:27 PM
I don't believe I have ever posted this in here. The bird and the mountains are all that are on my logo, but I played around with it one night when I was bored. Not too consistent, but kept me out of trouble for an evening......lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2002/Sassybird_Logo_Expanded.jpg

NorahT
02-04-2002, 07:40 AM
Lots going on here Sassy :) Does not show too clearly on my screen, but it looks like pointilism for the most part. Could you tell us a bit more about it?

artdude
02-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Hi Sass. A nicely balanced ink. I like the way you have the bird posed. and the linear lines add some distance to the piece. Is that a face next to the leaf under the bird? Great display of stippling work :D

sassybird
02-04-2002, 05:34 PM
NorahT Yes, this is pointilism for the most part. The bird and the mountain have been my logo for over 25 yrs. The bird began as a doodle on a cocktail napkin. My nickname for a good part of my life has been sassy. A friend from England used to call me sassybird, and that is where the logo came from.

artdude This piece is about 9x12. I've done much larger pieces in pointilism over the years. For some reason it is a very soothing process for me. I also love line. I think this is the first piece I have ever used such bold line coupled with pointilisim though.

RuthT
02-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Great array of tones Sassybird - I am in awe.

Love the bird's "attitude" :)

sassybird
02-06-2002, 02:09 PM
RuthT, one of the reasons I fell in love with intaglio etching is the wonderful values I can get with aquatint. I have done pieces where there was no image persay just play with value.