PDA

View Full Version : Teapot

JanB
01-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Well now that I've been blown away by everyone's work here I'll post my so-so little ditty LOL. One goal this year was to "play" more so I dug out a Staedtler burnt sienna Karat Aquarell, thats a watersoluable crayon thingy, and some watercolors. I'm thinking of doing a whole series of tea related things in lots of different mediums for playtime :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2006/48727-skteapot1.JPG

C&C welcome

JamieWG
01-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Jan I really like your blue washy background! Works so well against the teapot. That's a great idea to do a series on a tea-related theme. Perfect for winter.

I too love the idea of winter being playtime. I have a set of water soluble crayons (the Caran d'Ache ones) and they're very cool to play with. I was just thinking about them too! Hope to join you with them soon.

Jamie

glo_anne
01-07-2006, 10:36 AM
I really like your teapot! I hope to get enough courage to try one ... *ahhh* one day! ~ Glo

glo_anne
01-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I really like your teapot! I hope to get enough courage to try one ... *ahhh* one day! ~ Glo

Chloe_1
01-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Nice use of complimentary color!

pameladallaire
01-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I have a beautiful double decker teapot and warmer you can paint! LOL It's too complicated for me, I have no patience for still life painting. Good work.:) Pam

JanB
01-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Jamie....it's fun to play :D

glo.....just start by sketching one, use a real soft pencil (4b) so you can erase easily LOL you'll get it after a few tries.

Chloe...yeah, nothing like complements to punch something up!

Pam...I don't have much patience for still life either...I prefer florals/fruit to objects, just been too lazy to get out to the store to buy stuff to paint LOL