PDA

View Full Version : How do you mount Wallis to a board?

Sketchcny
01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
I've noted that a number of artists mount their work done on Wallis or LaCarte papers to gatorboard. If you happen to do this, how are you mounting it? What adhesives or materials are you using? And where do I find gatorboard? I've found gatorfoam on Dick Blick, but I'm not sure that's the same thing.

Thanks!
Paul

Shari
01-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I mount mine to acid free rag board, or illustration board, whatever I have around. I use 3M Super 77 but you have to spray it outdoors and be careful. I just tried something I think Paula recommended from Jerry's for the first time that works beautifully. It is a double stick tape basically that comes in large sheets and you just use a little bit on the edges of your wallis. I can't remember what it is called but Paula Ford knows, ask her. It is something like double tack acid free mounting film I think.

Paula Ford
01-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Paul,

As Shari mentioned, I use https://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-supply/catalogs/0064530000000 DOUBLE TACK ACID FREE MOUNTING FILM 9X12 12 PACK $15.99...worth every penny!!

Paula

K Taylor-Green
01-03-2006, 12:45 AM
LOL, Paula!

Sketchcny
01-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Shari & Paula, THANK YOU!!! I won't be able to spray outside for at least 4 - 5 more months (brrrrrr too cold!), so I'll try the double-sided adhesive mount.

chewie
01-04-2006, 12:47 PM
dick blick also has something similar, i've used it plenty, works great! the sheets i got were large, and i was able to cut them whatever size i needed, and none of it went to waste. if i remember, i think i even got it per sheet instead of a pack.