PDA

View Full Version : First digital portrait

paintinoil
01-02-2006, 01:35 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jan-2006/28096-Max.jpg
:wave: Hi
I have been posting in Quickie Digi Abstract Forum for a few months. I have learned quite a bit about drawing with a mouse and I thought I would see if I could do a portrait. This is my nephew done from a photo. It was really fast and fun so I am excited ! I sent a copy to my sister...hope she likes it. I can post the photo if you would like to see my mistakes! I will see if I can scan it in......Any C & C welcome...

jhercilia
01-02-2006, 12:37 PM
I am glad you liked to work digitally. Portraits are not ease. You have done great. It would be a good idea if you post the reference photo for us to be able to help you.

barryt
01-02-2006, 12:41 PM
That's a good effort, drawn with a mouse. I like the white plain shirt against the black plain bg
{My granddaughter got a hamster for Christmas, but can I train it?}

omniartz
01-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Your first effort? Nicely done. I agree with barry that the white t shirt and black BG could use something, some color like a photographer night use. Using a mouse? wow! :clap:

Chiers
01-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Looks like you have a good start here. I think the white shirt and black background is a bit too harsh though. Adding color into the black will give it some depth and substance and some shadows with color woulddo the same for the shirt.