PDA

View Full Version : Yes! Happy New Year from a new digital artist too!

bbondi
01-01-2006, 06:51 PM
I've actually been playing with Painter software since Painter 3 (luv the bucket) and have become more interested in what I can do, and discovering methods and stlye over that time. I started showing people what I was up to and got good feedback which kept me going. I got a Wacom and have been learning the touch and feel of the pen which really makes a difference over the simple mouse.

I was invited to show my work at a gallery open house that had extra space to fill so I had some work printed and frames and showed it. To my surprise I was the 1st one to make a sale at the open house! Now I want to quit work (cough, cough) and do this all the time ;) If only!

I hope to learn from all of you and to contribute what I know if appropriate, I am still shy about this creativity thing.

Anyway, I'm adding a sample of what I'm up to, enjoy. The 1st is simply abstract and fractal, the 2nd inspired by the New Orleans left overs when the sun started to re-appear.

Yako
01-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi Bob! welcome to this forum!:wave: You'll have lots of fun here! I like the colors you used in your pieces. I looked at your site and my fav was the Virginia Creeper :) (did you do that piece digitally or is it traditional medium?)

bbondi
01-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Wow, my wife will be excited. She is part of the Bondi Studio effort and works in traditional media, acrylics is what she used for that piece. 6 canvases so they can fit over a nice couch or fill a large wall. She says thanks, looking over my shoulder, hehe :)

My work is in the digital galleries and the Flash advetisment I made.
Thanks for your reply and I hope you have a wonderful year.

Skinny
01-01-2006, 08:13 PM
WELCOME, Bob! You've got some exciting work. My favorite was the kelp forest. It wouldn't urprise me if you are able to leave your job soon and devote yourself full time to your talent...:wave:

bbondi
01-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Dreams do come true....here's hoping, thanks.

leofaerie17
01-01-2006, 08:57 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Nice work and welcome to DAB Bob:clap: :clap:

LadyAlba
01-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Happy New Year and welcome to WC Digital! Great work going on here both yours and your wifes! ;o)

justjean
01-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi Bob and welcome to WC, enjoyed looking at your site :)

Elvira
01-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Happy New year and welcome to WC, I love the second one! But like both!
Edie