PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year and an Update

Woof-a-Doof
01-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Just a quick Happy New Years to all and an udate on the subject of PC output to an HDTV...It worked! :clap:

Here's how:

Dispite best efforts to avoid the expenditure of a new video card...I indeeed had to get one with a "DVI" out put.

Then I purchased a cable with a "DVI" end, and a "HDMI" end.

I then pluged the"HDMI" end of the cable into the "HDMI" reciever on the TV.

Like all things technical, it's always something very simple and quick to do (just alot of legwork struggling with computer jargon and add the plethora of television terms...and all the acronyms...OY). Total cash investment was under $120.

The result of my efforts? PHENOMINAL!

I have always loved what I do. Now add that I am no longer hunched over at a desk, peering into a 20 inch monitor (viewing area smaller than 20...always thought that desceptive)...I digress.

I am currently 10 feet away from TV. One line of complete text is 26 inches long, for example. My work area in most of my art applications, 640x480, is lterally HUGE...that translates into just at 38 inches...bigger than any easel I ever owned. The TV has 55 inches of total view space. So the time and $$$ put into the endeavor...Well worth the effort, 100%

Due to time restraints I haven't had the time to figure out how to tweak my color settings. The color is exremly rich...beyond my expectations! And so, because of lack of time to invest I really haven't been able to print out, view my work on another monitor and finally callobrate photoshop etc. So there are a few tweaks left to do.

I would strongly encourage those with an HDTV, planning on getting one or just looking for an excuse to get one. Hooking up your PC and then creating what you do, is by far the one of the top reasons for getting that big ole HDTV...even tho it does look like a billbord has been placed in the living room.

BTW: Happy New Year...I hope it is prosperious and peaceful to you all!

BTW #2) The attached image is recent and I post it hoping for some feed back on the color issue. Generally I use blackgrounds and the images are "dark" by design. I love the human face as a subject, it's more for me than anyone else (I like looking into thte eyes of that which I create) What I really want to know about is your perceptions of the colors used.

BTW #3) This message was also posted in the Computers/Technology forum without the image attachment.

Again, a Happy New Year to you all! :wave:

Woof

digistyle
01-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Woof,

That sounds like a great idea (he said, grinding his teeth in jealousy over the large screen, HDTV :D). I can only imagine the epic struggles that would occur at my house as the family attempts to wrest the stylus from my hand so that they can watch TV!!! LOL

As to your piece, I really like the colors you've chose and how they come from inside of the artwork. Good stuff!

digistyle

leofaerie17
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Great piece :clap: and i assume HD stands for High Definition other than that im lost LOL

bbondi
01-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Awesome! I do like this.
Reminds me of a games wearing headphones and a chin-strap to keep it all together, hehe. I do play to much I guess. I hope I get some inspiration from it tho!?!

Skinny
01-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Phenomenal, Woof-a-Doof! You're way ahead of me, but I sure like the view!

LadyAlba
01-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Great info thanks for sharing! ;o)

justjean
01-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Interesting info but I would only be able to use the tv when a hockey game isn't on and that isn't to often LOL

digistyle
01-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Forgive me, Woof, but I couldn't get this image out of my head! LOL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jan-2006/1629-epicstruggle.jpg

digistyle

Woof-a-Doof
01-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Digistyle--> I can only imagine the conflict generated in a busy house hold by this merging of technologies. When we got the thing, my girl and I knew that eventually it would happen. Our decompression time after work is spent in seperate rooms...she is a gamer and I am a creator. However we both a veg in front of the TV later on.:wink2:

leofarie17--> Yep, HDTV stands High Definition Television...not High Density Television ( a mistake made by some near and dear to me....dohhhh). There was a slew of acronyms to fool myself into thinking I knew what was going on, but just have to forge ahead and and act as if...

bb---> Headphones and a chin strap, holding it all together----yeah, been there....know what ya mean. I hope it may inspire ya, sure! Just dont wanna push ya over the edge:D

Skinny--> LTNS!! Awww ya make me blush. You have a copy of Bryce, the program I use don't ya? I have Painter and a few other applications, but I dont focus on them. I guess we go where our interests lead us. I am not ahead of you, just across from you.

Lady Alba---> Hope it may have helped...you are one of the digital painters I was thinking would really enjoy doing this. As a teacher it would be a tremendous way to teach!

justjean--> Just one more acronym to throw at ya...DVR...Digital Video Recorder...it will pause live TV for up to an hour....when your done and wanna flip back to TV....you can zip thru the commercials LOL

Digi---> LOL perfect representation of the battle of technologies....the attached graphic is the same image with diff lighting and materials to the models. Color, lighting all is behind and within the model of the head, coming thru them LOL

Good to see all you folks