PDA

View Full Version : Flash 6.0 and masks

sadiesjewels
12-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi all,

I've not looked over here before (I'm usually in the glass or wearable art forum) but I have a question I need answered about flash 6.0.

I am trying to make a mask layer so that it blocks out some unwanted part of the image that hangs off the stage but I find that I am unable to do it - it just doesn't seem to make it dissapear. Is it possible with my early version of Flash or am I just doing something wrong? Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to do this?

Thanks to all!

Sadie

ProfessorGreibowitz
12-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Hello. If it is hanging off the stage why do you need to mask it? It will not be seen in the movie because... it's off the stage!

Now, if you needed to move it onto the stage, either crop it correctly in a paint package in the first place or you could mask it but that is a backwards way if you have an "unwanted" part to begin with. Why make Flash work any harder than it needs to?

To mask, draw a shape on say layer A that you want to cover your image (image is on layer B beneath layer A) and just right click the layer name area of layer A and select "mask". It will mask the layer below it.

Tim