PDA

View Full Version : OW@, esr@, Ebsq ???

sue ellen
02-02-2002, 10:40 AM
I have been surfing around ebay looking into selling work there and i just wondered if i could get a quick overview the advantages of these groups.

Also do you have to pay a fee( i joined ebsq before the fee but didn't get a chance to post many pieces before the change ..now i see there is a fee..is it worth the money to pay the fee???) is it worth it to belong to any of these groups..is it hard to get into these groups and is it worth it to try to become a part of these groups? lol and one final question...does any of this make sense???:D

Sumafra
02-03-2002, 12:52 AM
Hi Sue-Ellen, I was using ebsq in my auctions for some time but did not find that it helped at all. Esr@ is a limited membership group which is full at the moment, and OW@ is open and I believe free. I personally don't think it helps, but others might disagree with me.

cagathoc
02-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Being in ebsq gets you more hits but they are hits from bargain basement shoppers - average sale price for an ebsq painting is about $15.

I am just getting back to ebay so this info is about a year old - don't know about the new groups.

CarlyHardy
02-03-2002, 05:31 PM
I was a member of EBSQ when I first began selling my work on ebay, but dropped out for various reasons. The group is now a subscription group that does have protection by ebay should anyone put ebsq in their titles without proper membership in the group. They have a direct link on the front page of the ART category to their site. They now have a juried group within ebsq, called ebsq +, which sell for over $100. I don't know if that has helped to get higher prices or not.

OW@ stands for Off The Wall Artists and is a new branch of the esr@ group. It's open to all artists selling on ebay. Because esr@ had so many artists wanting to join, this new group was formed. No fees, no jury of work, can be new to ebay. A statement about the group is added to descriptions and a link on the About Me page is required.

ESR@ is a limited number of artists (just extended to 50) who must be selling at ebay and maintain a positive feedback. It is a juried membership, but there are no fees. A statement about the group and a link to the site is required.

I joined the ESR@ group last fall and found that a couple of buyers had noticed my auction while using esr@ in the search. I think that once viewers find a group and see that an artist in that group appeals to them, they take a look at all the other artists in the group. Whether this gives me a lot more exposure, I'm not sure of but its nice to be part of a small group, especially when there is so much art on ebay.
carly

sue ellen
02-17-2002, 11:50 AM
Thank you for the information! I am looking into these groups....and following some auctions on ebay to see how things are going. Your information has really helped me!

THANKS again!!!! :)

Aselka
03-02-2002, 06:41 PM
hi everyone,
Has anyone heard aboutgroup that is called the 21st Century Artists.
I was contacted by this group today by e-mail, after they saw my e-bay auctions.

I would like to know if there are other members of this group on Wet canvas or if there is some info.

Thank You in advance

Aselka

kjsspot
03-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Aselka, I am a member of 21CA. It's a newly formed group that is limited to 50 members. What questions do you have about them? I'll try to answer.

Aselka
03-02-2002, 10:20 PM
hi Kerry Jo,
I would like to know more about this group and members. Is there any web page where i can read about the group.
There is also requirement is that you are not a
member of any other artists group. I plan to join local East Ottawa artist association. Can it intervene with membership in the 21 century group?
Are there any membership fees?

Thank You in advance

Aselka

kjsspot
03-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Aselka, currently there is no webpage, dues or requirements other than to remain active. Since it's limited to 50 members they don't have room for non-active members. We are looking at putting together a website and were considering dues at maybe $5 a year to help pay for the web domain. But they don't make any decisions unless we put a poll up first.

It's a pretty diverse group of artists from outsider artists to professional artists like myself. I enjoy it there and have learned a lot.

Go ahead and join up and if you don't like it you can always unsub.