PDA

View Full Version : Your invited on an art journey :O)

Nickel
12-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Please join in this art journey. I would love to see your art and share your friendly company on this trip.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315579

Nickel

DMcGowan
01-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I wanna go with you on the art journey and I'm so glad that you posted this thread. What a great way to find inspiration in 2006. I read something about/like this in a magazine recently and this is just the kick start that I need to actually get going. I'm not sure that I understand what classical art is, though....(sorry!) I mean, does that mean trying to be realistic as opposed to abstract or, say, a cartoon? My work comes out like a cartoon even though that might not be my intention. Does it mean no impressionism? I hate the idea of copying works, but I do understand that you can learn a LOT by copying the Masters so maybe this is the safest way for me to go on this. And they are small so I wouldn't have to do a big, involved piece when afterall it's just for practice/learning. The cards would be little slices/slippets of a lesson....! I love it. And on the back side...quotes and sayings. I've sort of collected those for awhile like..."Hitch yer wagon....to a star!" -Will Rogers. Ok, I'm excited so I tend to ramble. Actually, this will tear me away from my usual pastels and I don't want to neglet working in other media anywat. But I still may booby trap the deck with a messy smudged up card decked out (ha, a bit of a pun there)in dusty pretty bright PASTEL! A La Degas!!! Ok stop. I'm having too much fun alreadyl Whe is the deadline for the first card? I need to have deadlines in order to stay on track: :wave:

Nickel
01-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I wanna go with you on the art journey and I'm so glad that you posted this thread. What a great way to find inspiration in 2006. I read something about/like this in a magazine recently and this is just the kick start that I need to actually get going. I'm not sure that I understand what classical art is, though....(sorry!) I mean, does that mean trying to be realistic as opposed to abstract or, say, a cartoon? My work comes out like a cartoon even though that might not be my intention. Does it mean no impressionism? I hate the idea of copying works, but I do understand that you can learn a LOT by copying the Masters so maybe this is the safest way for me to go on this. And they are small so I wouldn't have to do a big, involved piece when afterall it's just for practice/learning. The cards would be little slices/slippets of a lesson....! I love it. And on the back side...quotes and sayings. I've sort of collected those for awhile like..."Hitch yer wagon....to a star!" -Will Rogers. Ok, I'm excited so I tend to ramble. Actually, this will tear me away from my usual pastels and I don't want to neglet working in other media anywat. But I still may booby trap the deck with a messy smudged up card decked out (ha, a bit of a pun there)in dusty pretty bright PASTEL! A La Degas!!! Ok stop. I'm having too much fun alreadyl Whe is the deadline for the first card? I need to have deadlines in order to stay on track: :wave:

Hi Donna!:wave: I've saved you a seat! Welcome! We would love to have you travel along with us!

Best Regards Nickel