PDA

View Full Version : Jack Pardue workshop?

scall0way
12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Has anyone had a workshop with Jack Pardue? I just got my very first issue of Pastel Journal today, and while going through it I looked at workshops being offered. I noticed that Jack Pardue is giving a plein air workshop in Morehead City, NC this coming Oct. 13-15.

Now my dad and my sister live in Morehead City, and I almost always go down there for a week in October anyway because it's usually gorgeous in October, and I was thinking how cool it would be to take this workshop and make that week be my week - that's generally about the week I go anyway as Oct. 13 is my brother-in-law's birthday and I can celebrate with them then as well.

But I'd like to know if it would be worth it. I looked up Jack Pardue's web site and I do like his stuff, but that does not always translate into being an instructor who passes along valuable info, some I'm just wondering if anyone can give me an idea.

Of course I see the sponsor for the workshop is the art store where my sister used to work. They treated her very badly there and she made me take a vow I would never give them any business or patronage even though they are the only art store in the area! :D

The other one that caught my eye is one offered my Michael Chesley Johnson in St. Andrews, New Brunswick in August. I'm always in New Brunswick in August and pass right through St. Andrews, but it is a *little* far from where I will be staying, a 2-3 hour drive, but close enough to me tempting. But who knows if I'll be able to do anything since my dad's health is so up in the air and I might need to use all my vacation time taking care of him.