PDA

View Full Version : FND 2/1 - Wingnut (in progress)

Wingnut
02-01-2002, 10:16 PM
I LOVE that lighthouse! :clap:

I didn't get really far with it, (I was late because the horses do NOT wait when it comes to dinner!) but I don't want to hurry since I plan to make this my first colored pencil drawing ever! (gotta break in those Prisma colors sometime) I love the clean geometric lines and just a hint of color in the photo (and I hope to capture it in my drawing too) I'll go back and do another (don't know which one yet) another day.

My drawing is actually very black and white right now, (tried to fix it a bit in PSP) any shading you see is my cheepo scanner trying to "help" :rolleyes: I'll work on getting on the lines perfectly straight (and the window frames to look better) before I start shading or coloring anything in.

Wingnut
02-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Helps if you upload the pic moron. :rolleyes:

Yielding
02-01-2002, 10:23 PM
Hi Wingnut

Great start - look forward to the final drawing

Yielding

Debs
02-01-2002, 10:29 PM
You've drawn it so nicely so far...I look forward to it finished:)

Bendaini
02-01-2002, 10:54 PM
That is so good...
You caught all the lines so well... can't wait to see the finished one...

dupliKate
02-01-2002, 11:29 PM
This is so clean and crisp so far!! Please post the finished one...it's going to be great!

K

Ivyleaf
02-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Great start, agree you've got good lines going!

:)
Ivy

AriadneArts
02-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Lovely rendering! Hurry up and finish so I can view the final piece. Good work!:D

artlover
02-02-2002, 12:37 AM
Ah, yes I love this kind of drawing: lines! lines! lines!

Very nice...

RuthT
02-02-2002, 09:27 AM
Lovely drawing Wingnut, very fresh and clean looking.

It has a feeling of 'design' or 'illustration' about it.

Wingnut
02-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Here it is in colored pencil now, but to tell the truth, I liked it better before :( I may have to go back and do it again in graphite.
The scan is not great, it looks better than this I swear! :D
Whoa! it looks way darker here, especially the roof.

DanaT
02-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Nope, I love it as is. The dark roofs only serve to make the lighthouse look lighter. Wonderful!

I'm glad you could finish. This is a wonderful drawing.

Debs
02-02-2002, 01:49 PM
I agree with Dana about the roof, and also the roof and building itseft are sharp contrasts, and sharp contrasts are great, they bring attention and interest to a piece I think.
I think it's a great drawing too.:)

digistyle
02-02-2002, 02:05 PM
I agree about the contrasts. Very good stuff!

digistyle

Gisela
02-02-2002, 05:09 PM
Wow! I love the finished version. I'm a big lighthouse nut and you caught a great mood in the end! Did you know there are a lot of haunted lighthouses...? ;)

gisela

Bendaini
02-02-2002, 05:28 PM
Well... i like the colors you chose, and i like the whole uniformaty of the piece...

But since you said you didnt like it already might i give my opinion on how it could be made better? The background needs to be smothed out... I'm not sure how to do that other then using a cream colored pencil to go over it and fill in the paper, but i am sure CP forum would.
The only other thing is, maybe you could use some white highlights on the roof since you said it came out too dark... most of its probablythe scanner, it looks like it is at least... If you have a photo editer you might be able to adjust the contrast and brightness to get it closer to the original... that just takes some messing around with the program.

It looks really good though and all you can say is you tried :) What ever the outcome it is experience isnt it.

AriadneArts
02-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Thumbs up on your finished version! It looks great! I love the contrast and the blue, blue sky. Well done!

Wally's Mom
02-03-2002, 04:15 PM
Veerry nice !:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wingnut
02-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Last photo update -

I think I've managed to come to some sort of agreement with my scanner (for now) this should look much more like it really does. I also fixed a few lines that got lost in the coloring, but I can see there may be one or two I've still missed... oh well.

Thank you everyone for your great complements and helpful suggestions! :)

PainterlyPeg
02-03-2002, 06:48 PM
I think you did great on this Wingnut..all those angles and you drew it perfectly. I am impressed with the coloured finished project also! Peg

Debs
02-03-2002, 07:41 PM
Wingnut...this turned out really well ...I like the brown rooftops, a nice touch
Good work :)

Bendaini
02-03-2002, 11:04 PM
wow wingnut
scanners are annoying arent they.. i have troble getting mine to co-operate too...

This looks so dramaticly diffrent from the first one you posted... much better.... Hope that scanner quites acting up on you :)