PDA

View Full Version : FNDFeb1

RuthT
02-01-2002, 09:53 PM
All of the choices were w-a-y way to hard for me, so decided to do a simplified version.

First in watercolor (5.5"x 9.5") and then added some pen work.

RuthT
02-01-2002, 09:55 PM
pen work added:-

Yielding
02-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Hi RuthT

O' the pen work makes a huge difference, did not really care for it but then came back and saw the pen work added, Looks great, needed some detail.

Yielding

Debs
02-01-2002, 09:59 PM
That looks lovely, and the pen really dressed it up too:)

Bendaini
02-01-2002, 10:06 PM
OMG ruth
you say it was hard, and so you pic the hardest one there was and make something absolutly beautiful with it.
i love the loosness of it, that just makes your imagination work :)

Its very lovly ruth you really shouldn't think buildings are too hard, it turned out great.

crissy

phcor
02-01-2002, 10:18 PM
VEry rich color, great pen work!

Lulu
02-01-2002, 10:26 PM
I really like these too Ruth, both pics. They each have appeal:)

Wingnut
02-01-2002, 10:47 PM
:clap:

Very nice!

(I like simple)

dupliKate
02-01-2002, 11:35 PM
This was one of the most complicated references, and you simplified it so beautifully!!! It's very lovely!

K:)

Ivyleaf
02-01-2002, 11:42 PM
Ohhhhhh this is so neat! Great details!

:)
Ivy

artlover
02-02-2002, 12:43 AM
The first version appeared kinda empty-but then w/ the pen added the pic came alive...great picture-and yes, that one did look like the hardest one!

DanaT
02-02-2002, 01:13 AM
beautiful! I love the effect you got with the watercolor. Your colors are so soft and vibrant!

AriadneArts
02-03-2002, 01:25 AM
Oooooooo I LOVE what you did with this one! When the top pic came up, I said "Very nice!" Then the second came up and that was icing on the cake. I just love the relative preciseness of the pen and ink over the "go with the flow" feel of the watercolor. This one's a 10!

NorahT
02-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Lovely Ruth - the colours and the penwork :) :) You took a toughie and simplified beautifully.

RuthT
02-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Thank you all for your complimentary comments. :)

Glad you came back, and saw the pen work Yielding.

I nearly did the pen work first Debs, but decided to the colours would give me a better idea of where individual buildings were. I sometimes get lost in all those lines.

Pleased you noticed the looseness in the painting Bendaini, it was something I was trying for.

I got a surprise with the yellow phcor when it came up on the screen. Because of eye problems I had a 100 watt lamp with no shade right next to me, and it looked quite pale in that light. But it IS quite bright in the daylight today. But I am not unhappy with it. :)

Thank you for liking them both Lulu - the watercolour only one had to be sacrificed though. :D

Thank you Wingnut.

Duplicate and Artlover - they ALL looked complicated to me. This one just seemed to have a nice "pattern" about it.

You will notice that I ran out of time at the end Ivyleaf and not all the windows got put in, but I am going to leave it as it is.

Thank you DanaT.

I love the rating Ariadne. :)

Thank you Norah - you know I'm a simple soul at heart!!!!!:D

Surfinia
02-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Very nice. The pen does add a lot - but - you had the structure there to begin with in the watercolor. Nicely done on both mediums.

If I had attempted this one with watercolor and ink, I'd have tried to do the ink first and, as you say, would have gotten lost in all the lines. You handled this problem well with starting with watercolor, which forced you to simplify. This is a good example of how to approach a complicated subject. Thanks for the "lesson".