PDA

View Full Version : Tracy

DLGardner
12-28-2005, 12:38 AM
I hold an open studio in my home once a month. I don't usually take photos of my work since they are basically just practice, but I did take one of Tracy. I had posted this in oils sometime back, but since we have this new forum here I just had to put something up!!:wave:
oils on canvas
16 X 20
3 hours
Dianne

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2005/8002-Tracy.jpg

JamieWG
12-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Dianne, I love your deep, muted colors. The light hitting the hair is wonderfully done! This is a really good three hour portrait---nice brushwork, and you even got the hands done! I soooo miss open studio. I think I'm going to end up getting a group of artists together to share a model and rotate studios if I can't find the right situation nearby.

I'm so glad you found us here. Pull up a chair..I mean, an easel. :D

Jamie

DLGardner
12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks Jamie!
Yes, I love our open studio too. And you know, all it takes is three artists. I pay the model 10 an hour and we work for three hours, so three people pay $10 for the session. That doesn't demand a lot of space you know. I was surprised when I went to Ned Mueller's lesson at his home. He has less space than I do and squeezed a dozen people in it and no one complained.

OS is so important I love it.
Thanks for looking and for your encouragement.
Dianne

DLGardner
12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
oops, double post

brianc
12-28-2005, 07:38 PM
This is heavenly. I love the light you've captured in her face and hair. The hair is just delightful.

DLGardner
12-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Thank you Brian! And thanks for looking.

Dianne