PDA

View Full Version : FND Cabin quickie:-)

Lulu
02-01-2002, 09:22 PM
Hi y'all:) Came upon the FND thread late and gate-crashed:D
I chose a part of the cabin, all of the pics didn't download so I didn't realise until I refreshed that there was a pic with less detail:rolleyes:
Didn't pay much attention to perspective, and now when I look at it I've got the light coming from both sides:D Oh well ....

water soluble 4b graphite and then washed a bit of water over. Hadn't a clue what I was doing actually! lol
Loved the exercise of it all though, kept me from the garden, so now I must dash!!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2002/lulucabindrawing.JPG

Debs
02-01-2002, 09:33 PM
I like it :) It has a soft look to it.
Did you notice any difference to your picture after the water? Would have liked to see the before and after water effect to the graphite.
I don't do this sort of thing (architecture), and too stubborn to, but I enjoy seeing others good works with them :D

RuthT
02-01-2002, 10:05 PM
I agree with Debs, your work has a lovely soft look to it Lulu.

What size was the drawing?:)

Bendaini
02-01-2002, 10:08 PM
I was waiting to find someone who did that :D
take an image within the image and draw that... You must be a people person hehehe

This is very nice, good details from the cabin and the people.
Glad you could make it.
crissy

Lulu
02-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Thanks Debs, Ruth, Crissy:)

It's approx 12x 17 cm

crissy, as soon as I saw the people in the photo I thought 'Gotta do that one' !:D

sundiver
02-01-2002, 10:27 PM
That's quite a title. Is it your cabin quickie or theirs? :D
Anyway nice drawing!

Wingnut
02-01-2002, 10:33 PM
Sundiver! :eek: (lol!)

Nice drawing Lulu!

Ivyleaf
02-01-2002, 10:37 PM
Lulu, I like! You will have to show me your pencil when I get there, sounds cool!

:D :D :D
Ivy

sherville
02-02-2002, 01:31 AM
LOL sundiver!!

I'm glad you decided to gate-crash, you did a good job with this. This was probably one of the more interesting ones because it had figures too... (Like drawing architecture alone isn't hard enough!)

DanaT
02-02-2002, 01:37 AM
I like this one. It really tells a story. actually the soft lighting only enhances the people. A nice effect!

Lulu
02-02-2002, 04:31 AM
thanks everyone:) I lol'ed too sundiver:D:D

This was such a fun thing to do, and I loved having the time limit.
Hope to join in again some time - won't be for a while though, have 2 weddings next weekend and the following, but I'll certainly be back to have another go:)

AriadneArts
02-03-2002, 01:12 AM
Lulu, this is soooo nice. I like the softness. And I love what you said about the image when you first saw it. When I first saw it, I thought "Hmmmm, it has people in it--nope, can't do it." LOL