PDA

View Full Version : Painting on feathers

Tony Perrotta
02-01-2002, 07:51 PM
Hi all, I was watching my usual sat. morning outdoor shows last week on ESPN. They had a segment on an Artist that paints on feathers, Turkey, pheasant, and foul feathers. She would take for example a whole pheasant tail flaten it on flat surface and spray it with something, a varnish or fixative of some kind I guess. The scenes she painted were outstanding and on a small painting surface. Anyone else heard of or seen this before. Just curious

Regards Tony

CarlyHardy
02-03-2002, 04:47 PM
This past fall, I met an artist who paints on feathers. Her work was absolutely amazing! The detail was so tiny! She did eagles on large feathers and American Indians on others. I don't remember her name..sorry.
carly

Leaflin
02-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi Tony :)
I have never heard of this before but it sounds interesting.
I would love to see an example if you ever come across one.

arlene
02-15-2002, 09:36 AM
birdlady does it on her parrot's feathers.

Mich451
02-15-2002, 02:57 PM
featherlady does too...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17604&highlight=feather+painting

sassybird
02-17-2002, 11:32 AM
I would love to see some examples of this work. It sounds fascinating. Does anyone have any pics?

stebranigan
06-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how to approach the feather painting. I was advised by art shops to use acryllic paint also that oils also work. They weren't very sure. I was wondering is there an effective undercoat anyone could advise and how would you go about completely changing a feathers colour from black to white. Thanks so much