PDA

View Full Version : careful, it's gross!

coyote
02-01-2002, 04:44 PM
this is one of 5 or 6 that were printed on an erasable white board...for doctors to explain procedures to patients. I think this series was the only drawings I've done in colored pencil.:p

Rose Queen
02-01-2002, 10:50 PM
I don't know why you consider this gross; I think it's terrifically clear and precise, which is no doubt what was wanted! Give yourself some credit, for cryin' out loud! :clap:

maha
02-02-2002, 03:29 PM
I know why you consider this gross... It's gross anatomy. Literally...Was that a pun lying in wait or what? But seriously folks...lol...this is nicely done. The upper right might have gotten a little over colored but not too bad. I'd like to see more of your works in color but of more pleasant things like fruits or naked women. Nice job though.

Keith Russell
02-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Gosh, and here I was expecting something along the lines of the 'eye-slicing' scene from Un Chien Andalou.

Oh, well, this is nicely done.

I did an airbrushed painting of several stages of the developing foetus years ago for a medical imaging company.

They said it was a test, to find artists for additional work. I never got my painting back, and I began to think that maybe they just wanted to get some artwork for free, and asked each artist replying to their 'help wanted' ad for a different piece of artwork.

Anyway, that painting was gross. (Did you know our heads fold around our brains as we develop? It's true!)

Keith.

coyote
02-05-2002, 11:55 AM
That does sound pretty fishy Keith. Someone looking for an illustrator would normally pick an artist from their portfolio...not have them do the work on spec. People are always trying to take advantage of artists...they have a hard time putting monetary value on what appears to them as a simple piece of paper.

Don't work for free! Not even for your mom. If you donate artwork, take it off your taxes.

Jason Seiler
02-05-2002, 12:21 PM
Love the drawing!! Do you do a lot of jobs like that? That's a great opportunity! I think that the coloring and rendering are just right....what did you use for your referance?

-Later:rolleyes:

coyote
02-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks Jason. Yeah, I do a lot of heart illustrations...my company makes products for cardiologists. For reference I use plastic heart models and other medical illustrations. I've been with this company for 12 years, so I can pretty much draw the inner workings of the heart from memory. I usually work in b&w or add color in Illustrator, but this project was done in colored pencil.
Here's another view from the same project:

Jason Seiler
02-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Wow, that sounds like fun, 12 years, yeah, I bet you could draw one from memory! That's cool!:D
Do ya have any of the ones done in illustrator that you could post? I have a friend who's really into illustrator, i'd be cool to show him!

-Later:clap:

coyote
02-05-2002, 03:27 PM
Sure...I could do this all day. Here's one from an exciting book I'm working on called "A Guide to Common Heart Rhythm Disorders". Can't wait for the movie.

Jason Seiler
02-05-2002, 04:09 PM
These are awesome, I wouldn't be quick to say this sin't art....ever since I was in school, looking at science books and whatnot, I've always admired that art....my dad did some similar stuff when he was taking some coursess a while back....I think that is an underated form of art....very impressive stuff!!!:D :clap: :clap:

digistyle
02-05-2002, 05:37 PM
I agree that this is art, also. Great detail with the cp works.

digistyle