PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Heavenly

paintchristina
12-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Dec 24: I didn't feel like finishing any of my WiP...so went out prowling the yard for something bright and cheery to paint on Christmas Eve

We have a beatiful assortment of flowering plants most of the year round, but all I could find yesterday afternoon were these small red berries on a bush. It is supposed to be a treat for the birds, but they seem to gravitate to the gourmet seed selection in the feeders.

About half way through the painting I found out the bush is called Heavenly Bamboo --which seemed appropriate for Christmas Eve.

It took a lot more time to do this than I planned on...about 2 hours.

Watercolor 7 x 10 Lanaquarelle CP.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Dec-2005/21767-heavenlybamboo.jpg

LarrySeiler
12-26-2005, 06:59 AM
intriguing plant!!!

thanks for sharing it...better still, for painting it!

happy holidays!

Larry

brianc
12-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Effecitive use of two primaries! Nice watercolor effects and soft edges. Your glass bottle feels nice and clear.

paintchristina
12-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks Larry and Brian! I hope you two are also having a wonderful holiday season. Your work is just lovely Brian! Tempts me to try oil painting....but no room in my ever so tiny studio for more art supplies.

JamieWG
12-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Christina, I like the way you used your washes here. It's a lovely piece. I soooo know that feeling of taking two hours to do a half hour painting. hahaha! In this case, it was worth it!

Jamie