PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays from The Bear (not artwork)

DrBrad
12-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to all here. This is the card we sent out this year. The greyhound is Bear, who sadly died suddenly this past March. This pic was taken at Petsmart last Christmas. He went every year so we have 9 pics of him with Santa. He loved it! Maybe next year I'll have enough skill to do a painting from one of them! Fingers crossed.

-Brad

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2005/70684-BearXmas.jpg

KJSCL
12-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Brad

Great card. So sorry to hear about Bear though, it is so tough losing pets. Is that his picture in your signature line?

Merry Christmas

DMcGowan
12-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Oops, I was just going to ask the same thing. Is that him in your Avatar? But also I was going to say....you should paint him NOW!

DrBrad
12-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi, Yes, that's the Bear in the sig. We actually lost 4 dogs this year- but Bear was the youngest at 10. The others were 13 or 14, which makes it no less sad but perhaps a bit easier to accept. I still don't think my pastel skills are up to pets yet-- but that's my goal! Thanks! (Incidentally, we do still have 3 dogs. 2 greyhounds aged 8 and 12 plus one rat terrier age 7.)

Paula Ford
12-24-2005, 12:36 PM
So sorry to hear about Bear Brad...maybe soon you will be comfortable with your pastels skills to do a painting of him.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you and yours also!!

Paula

K Taylor-Green
12-25-2005, 12:26 AM
So sad about losing him. They will do that to you, won't they? I lost my shepherd a little over a year ago, and I still miss her. Still have 5 dogs, though!
Merry Christmas, Brad. I want to see the painting when you feel you can do it.

scall0way
12-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Great picture of Bear. I lost one of my little guys this past June as well, two months shy of his 10th birthday. It was really sudden and I didn't expect it at all. I still miss him even though I still have two dogs home (ages 9 and 14) and three cats.

But Bear looks happy in this picture and I'm sure he enjoyed his life with you. I hope you and the remaining tribe had a good Christmas.