PDA

View Full Version : Candles and Branches

justjean
12-22-2005, 01:48 AM
this was a WDE challenge, omitted some and added some :)

Painter 9 clumpy, impressionist and dry brushes

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2005/36920-candlesandgreenry.jpg

Elvira
12-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Very pretty, I love your flame, though I think I'd raise it a bit so the wick showed a bit above the candle.
Edie

LadyAlba
12-22-2005, 04:37 AM
Beautiful job on that greenery! I really like what you did with that pic! ;o)

Chiers
12-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Great job Jean. This would make a good card too! Yup...gotta love that impressionist brush. Your greenery is great.

barryt
12-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Lovely Christmas pic Jean, and yes you have the candle burning, not the wick, but heh, it's Christmas, when all things can happen :)

justjean
12-22-2005, 09:00 AM
thanks Eddie, Marge, Sherry and Barry ...

:D just think of it as it has having burned so long that now its down in a puddle in the candle :D

TxAggieDarlin
12-22-2005, 12:22 PM
MINE LOOK LIKE THAT LOL
Hugs and MERRY CHRISTMAS...fantastic greenery

jhercilia
12-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Jean, the arrangement is beautiful. I think the candle would benefit from some more definition. As it is right now, it can be mistaken for a fruit since the sides are not straight (at least that was my impression). Also, subtle flames are rounded at the bottom. The way it is now, in my opinion, is too strong (like a torch rather than a flame.) The leaves on the side should also be more lit because of the direct light form the flame.

Bytemebabs
12-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Jean I think it is beautiful. I also can see where the artist's concept may be lost on others. If I was a short little kid looking up at this, I would be willing to bet the shape of the flame would be wide and not visable at the base to see the wic or the narrowing of the flame base. And I am a FIRM believer in the fact that there may be multiple light sources. Only the artist "themself" will recognise that secondary light that is lost on others. So in "light" :rolleyes: of that, I think it is beautiful! Happy holidays honey!
Hugs
Babs

justjean
12-23-2005, 12:41 AM
thanks Babs your so good for the soul :)