PDA

View Full Version : help in saving a painting on suedematboard

bjcpaints
12-21-2005, 05:40 PM
If you get a little spot on the background of your suedematboard for a pet portrait - how do you get it off? I posted in my "Snuggles" thread, but I am getting desperate as this is a Christmas commission. Have tried kneaded eraser to no avail.:crying: Is it just ruined? I will post a pic tonight when I get home from work.
Barbara

khourianya
12-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I've used my little battery operated eraser with some success...light on the pressure, though because it will lift the nap.

You could also try taking some masking tape and laying it over the spot and lifting it out...it sometimes helps....

bjcpaints
12-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks Cori! I did try the masking tape - took a little bit out. Then I remembered about reading about using a piece of soft white bread. LOL I am a whole grain person myself and would not be caught dead with white bread; however, DH will only eat white bread or potato bread which is the closest thing we had on hand! It worked quite well actually - the spot was on the upper right over the dog. Of course now, I have gotten even another spot on it - I must be too much of a slob for pastels!
Yikes! The practice piece looks way better than this mess!

bjcpaints
12-21-2005, 11:25 PM
OMG the poor little thing looks awful here.

sundiver
12-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Um, how about filling in a darkish background?:) It would make the doggie pop and solve the smudge problems. I would simply not be able to NOT smudge it , myself!

bjcpaints
12-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks Wendy. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying the suede doesn't it? LOL I have a long way to go with this and I have to finish it tonight! Well, worst case scenario; I push the darks more on the practice piece I did on velour and frame it up!

Bringer
12-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi,

I suppose that there aren't many people working on suede board here.
If you know an artist who works on that why not give a call ?
And I mean a call, not e-mail, since Xmas is at the door.

Regards,

Josť