PDA

View Full Version : Large models have more to offer!

James or Jimmy Jim
12-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately. :D :D

This woman was so big (assertive too :D) ... I had to follow Richard Schmid's advice and draw what I saw, not what I knew! Nothing made sense. I had to compare shapes and angles ... and re check as I went along.

No time for shading this time! :D :D :D

18x24 Various times up to twenty minutes.

James or Jimmy Jim
12-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Not finished yet. :D

James or Jimmy Jim
12-21-2005, 01:52 PM
*cough* :D

Like2Pedal
12-21-2005, 03:34 PM
you have super figure drawing skils. i would love to see some really dark shade with a 6b pencil. thnaks for sharing!

Eric

James or Jimmy Jim
12-21-2005, 03:44 PM
you have super figure drawing skils. i would love to see some really dark shade with a 6b pencil. thnaks for sharing!

Eric

Hi Eric, I sometimes work really fast and am able to do more shading, however, not with this woman. I need to keep saying that many of these poses are ten, fifteen and twenty minutes, and at 18x24 inches ... not much time to do shading. The last ones were much shorter than even that.

I'll try to dig up a few where I was able to get in more shading and start another thread - warning, they are "rough" as the poses weren't any longer. I just work differently on different days. :D

Like2Pedal
12-21-2005, 05:09 PM
what kind of pencil are you using (2b?), maybe charcoal?

it just seems light is all. not bad by any means!

i enjoy the thick dark lines of Degas and Millet. was wondering if you get that dark ever.

Eric

James or Jimmy Jim
12-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Eric,

No offence taken.

I use a 4b. Remember, the sheets are large, so it's a bit deceiving ... and photos don't help.

I'll start a thread with a few darker ones.