PDA

View Full Version : Help

justjean
12-21-2005, 08:20 AM
something happened to my Painter 9 :( can anyone help ?

I have removed it , reinstalled it , put my comp back to a earlier date and so far nothing works when I go to load the prog the main page shows then a box comes up that says

"Bad colour set file
Error on Line 1"

and thats as far as the prog will go

justjean
12-21-2005, 08:29 AM
It's back LOL, just remembered Bev's thread and tried it and it worked :D

barryt
12-21-2005, 08:30 AM
What were you doing when the fault occurred? Did you save a new colour set? On a mac I would get rid of my prefernces and start the program again. It would create a new set. Can you do this with a pc?
(Time to do some Christmas shopping?)

Oh good, I've just seen the above after I posted. Bang goes the shopping then!

Skinny
12-21-2005, 08:44 AM
THANK GOODNESS, Jean! I spent days waiting for my computer guru to come up with a fix. If Bev hadn't sent me her suggestion, I'd still be waiting...:(

Smokin
12-21-2005, 08:53 AM
should prob repeat the fix for those who havnt had a chance to read the thread. I assume it's the holding down shift button when starting proggy to set painter back to it's defualt state? (not sure of the button)

Anyway, I go directly to the folder and delete the problemed files (only had to do it once). I just spent so much time setting up painter the way I like I dont want it back to its defualt state.

Smokin
12-21-2005, 08:53 AM
oops DP.

justjean
12-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Oops sorry , yes it was the hold down shift when starting prog. fix and thankgoodness I had made a duplicate folder outside of Painter for my extra brushes (most of them being useless ones that I had tried making :o )

should prob repeat the fix for those who havnt had a chance to read the thread. I assume it's the holding down shift button when starting proggy to set painter back to it's defualt state? (not sure of the button)