PDA

View Full Version : Staring me out.

waheednasir
12-18-2005, 06:05 AM
hello everyone....:wave:. this has been inspired from my own black n white charcoal sketch, that i did sometime back. ive created this in
artrage - tablet. rather than making a pretty picture, i was after some mystery and that particular stare. kept this quite loose so good to be viewed from some distance....:).

hope u like it....cheers....:wave:.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Dec-2005/64845-SMO-wc-wn.jpg

Skinny
12-18-2005, 06:31 AM
GREAT job, Waheed! I think she's just been told a wild lie, and her stare says, "...and I'm expected to believe this? Give me a break!" :D

maria_khurram
12-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Done in Artrage.............:eek:

That is one of most beautifully done portraits. The light played very well with her face. And the strokes made the expression spot on. what else can I say but just a flat old WOW.:o

akmal
12-18-2005, 07:58 AM
I'm always a fan of yours WN

:)

gr8 work as always

Harris-sirraH
12-18-2005, 09:01 AM
I am a fan of your paintings and music. I am coming to your metropolis next month. Probably visit you and your gallery.

**Achi hai laikin kaun hai? ;)**
**اچھی ہے۔۔ پر کون ہے؟**

justjean
12-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Yes I like it :) wonderful work in Artrage Waheed:clap:

LadyAlba
12-18-2005, 12:34 PM
She is Lovely and the total mood is excellent as is all your work...I am still amazed you can do this in artrage....;o)

waheednasir
12-18-2005, 02:25 PM
thanks skinny, maria, akmal, harris, jean and ladyalba...:).

skinny, i like that interpretation...:).

harris..thats nice to know..keep me informed...:).

thanks again to all of u...:wave:.

teszeract
12-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Really good. I have battling with a looser approach myself and it is great to see how it's done. The look - I agree with Skinny - she is saying to me: "... I don't think so..." with a little almost smile that makes me a bit worried. :\

JCoop
12-18-2005, 08:12 PM
King Midas is in the building,... everything you touch turns to gold in your clutch... you're too much!.:)

digistyle
12-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I like these types of dark portraits. Great color choices, as always.

digistyle

Digital Portraits
12-19-2005, 01:56 AM
for some reason, I love the look and feel of it to the way it already is, I think it looks beautiful and the painterly look to it.. bravo!

barryt
12-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Lovely work. I like her dark side! Love the brushwork

waheednasir
12-19-2005, 09:10 AM
many thanks to teszeract, joel, digistyle, Digital Portraits and barryt...:wave:. im so glad to have all the kind comments...:).

joel wrote:
King Midas is in the building,... everything you touch turns to gold in your clutch... you're too much!.:)

joel, coming that from u really matters for me...thanks..and thanks again everyone for dropping by...:).

jhercilia
12-22-2005, 11:48 AM
This is an excellent portrait. Recently, I bought an Tablet PC and it came with the full versios of Artrage. I will give it a try. I like the brush strokes you used for this portrait, and although I know it can be done in Painter, sometimes the many brushes and options are kind of overwhelming. Nice job!

Bytemebabs
12-22-2005, 03:09 PM
WAHEED! I am sorry I did not see this! But now that I have, I have only one question.

WHAT PART OF "I TOTALLY LOVE IT" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

clipartbytrina
12-23-2005, 01:51 AM
Ummm...to me, she's saying many things at once. Let's see if I can express it:

1. First and foremost, I don't trust you, but I want to
2. Love me and I'll give you everything I have
3. Hurt me and you'll have a wild animal to contend with

waheednasir
12-23-2005, 01:38 PM
thanks janet, babs and clipartbytrina...:).

janet, good to have your positive comments. and now ill wait for a painting from u done in artrage. im sure it would be a fine piece...:).

babs...nice to have u here..thats completely fine babs. im glad u didnt miss this..:). thanks for admiring it so much.

clipartbytrina..nice to have u..i like your interpretations..all of them...:). they all go with the painting perfectly...:).

cheers...:wave:.

jhercilia
12-24-2005, 02:26 AM
janet, good to have your positive comments. and now ill wait for a painting from u done in artrage. im sure it would be a fine piece...:)cheers...:wave:.

You'll be surprise! Not everybody can take opinions, criticism, or comments very well; whether positive or not so positive! I can take both when well intended. ;)
Thank you. You are an inspiration.

waheednasir
12-24-2005, 01:10 PM
thanks janet, for coming in again. sure, im waiting for a surprise...:). thats good. im a happy person if my work manages to inspire u...:). the truth is, u already know things and have your very own distinct style...that i like.

all the best with your painting...:wave:.

jhercilia
12-24-2005, 03:42 PM
thanks janet, for coming in again. sure, im waiting for a surprise...:). thats good. im a happy person if my work manages to inspire u...:). the truth is, u already know things and have your very own distinct style...that i like.

all the best with your painting...:wave:.
Thanks for the kind words. I'll remember that! :p

omniartz
12-24-2005, 03:52 PM
You have a distinctive style, waheed. She is very beautiful!

Kirk

guavajelly
12-24-2005, 04:29 PM
A wonderful rough, yet refined aspect to the strokes. Love the purple, and well, the whole thing!

Jon
12-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Wow!! And, using artrage...extra wow!
Jon

waheednasir
01-12-2006, 09:40 AM
thanks to omniartz, guavajelly and jon...:).
sorry again for replying so late...good that i saw this thread.

thanks again to all of u...:wave:.