PDA

View Full Version : tea pot and cups

Henrywashere
12-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi Everyone,
I know I am cutting it short but I have just had this brainwave thought to make my sister a tea pot and cups bookmark for xmas. Can anyone give me any idea on how you do the spout of the teapot. I have done a search but it came up with 500 replies and I think xmas will be over before I get time to read them all. Thanks everyone.
Christine
aufolkart@optusnet.com.au

Vaverska
12-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Hi Christine! When I do Teapots ( I like making them with a lentil shape for the body as it lays nice and flat), the spout is made simply by allowing the end of a rod to ball up just a tiny bit, pressing that end to the pots "body", and then pulling up and away. This will create an elongated cone shape. I then use my tweezers to coax an "S" curve into the spout shape, spot heat the tip of the spout, and press it flat with my graphite pad.You can also poke a dimple into the end of the spout so it appears more realistic. It really is simpler to do than to explain! I wish I could just post a series of pics for you! My suggestion is to just try it, you can always heat the spout and pull it off if it looks odd!

aks141
12-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Easy out would be to get the teapot and cups bookmark from Burgard, then you can put any bead on there that you want.
https://store.burgardstudio.com/r/product_details/index.php?product_id=34

rosebead
12-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Please show us photos!!!

Henrywashere
12-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Hi Carrie Lynn and Ann, That link is terrific I never knew you could get that sort of thing I certainly will be looked at it after xmas to see what I want. Also thanks for the hint on the spout - I will give it a go and see if I can show you some pictures.
Christine
aufolkart@optusnet.com.au

Henrywashere
12-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi Carrie Lynn - I have just had a go - now I think I should have asked how to do the handle as well - lol - I agree the spout was quite simple - well if I could get enough glass into it not to be wonky it was - anyhow I have never posted a picture here but I will look into it tomorrow if they are not broken in the morning. Thanks again
Christine

Vaverska
12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Try stacking dots for the handle. Place one dot where the top of the handle attaches, one for the bottom, and continue to add dots of glass to each until you have two long pieces of glass sticking out. Then you need simply warm them enough to coax them together, and melt the area where they attach smooth. Also this is very much easier for accurate placement than guesswork! The handle will end up attached on either end exactly where you want it.

Henrywashere
12-29-2005, 05:33 AM
Hi Everyone,
Here is my first attempt at a teapot and cup. This is also my first I have been brave enough to show here - I've been doing lampworking since September.
Christine

Henrywashere
12-29-2005, 05:36 AM
boy that pic is small - I better learn how to do that as well - lol

aks141
12-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Fabulous. Thanks for following up with the picture. I think its easy to see once I click on the thumbnail.

Heather/Ericaceae
12-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Cute cute cute! I bet she loved it. :) Great job! -Heather

Firelilly
12-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Sweet! Nice job, Henry!:clap:

And thanks for sharing those great tips, Carrie Lynn!

Lil