PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward

Borum
12-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have been admiring all yalls’ wonderful work and to be quite honest, the work inspired me to go out and buy a tablet and pen. I have started with the basic wacom set and hope to be posting some of my work here soon. Mean while can you tell if these two where done “freehand” or “digital”? :wink2:

Thank you…..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Dec-2005/7613-7613-AmandaFin.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Dec-2005/7613-7613-Viafin.jpeg

justjean
12-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Nope I can't tell but they are both GREAT looking :)

JCoop
12-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Hello Borum, and welcome to the Digital Channel. Glad to hear that we're having a positive influence on you.

can you tell if these two where done “freehand” or “digital”?
You're new to digital and understandably your terminology is a bit askew... freehand and digital are not mutually exclusive terms. Meaning... you can have a digital portrait done freehand.

I think maybe you're asking if your drawings are traditional or digital. If so, my guess is that they are traditional... and very nice.:) Welcome!:)

LadyAlba
12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Beautiful work! ;o)

susan :)
12-16-2005, 01:17 PM
i cant tell..lol.. but they are both nice. :)

barryt
12-16-2005, 02:11 PM
I would think they were done digitally, but whether freehand or not I don't know. (This is a digital forum :) )
It's nice to know the method people use, but we have no real hangups (says me speaking for everybody :) )

Borum
12-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Thank you all for your relpies and yes they are done the traditional way and I am looking forward to learning how to do these digital. I mostly work with watercolors and I hope that I will be able to combine the "two" (digital and traditional) together to help me improve my work. For a living I am a system analysist and have all ways been talented when it comes to art. Many people tell me that the combination (left side for computers and right side for art) is a very unsual mix. I myself have all ways believed that there is an art to any thing we do, I only hope that what I do digitally will be half as good as what I have seen on this foreum...

Thank you again....:)

Skinny
12-16-2005, 07:26 PM
WELCOME, DONUM! ...and congratulations on your new wacom. Are you enjoying it? I couldn't go back to mousing, but I'm amazed by how many folks have trouble getting used to a tablet.

Yako
12-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Welcome to this forum Borum!:wave: You won't regret buying the tablet you'll have lots of pleasure painting digitally with this great aid.:cool:

digistyle
12-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, borum! :waves:

(forum, borum!) I'm a poet and don't know it! LOL

digistyle

omniartz
12-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Welcome, I am a newer member as well, though I have been doing digital art since the mid 1980's. Your work speaks well of your talent, you will enjoy working in the digital art world!

Lovely images.

Kirk

Borum
12-19-2005, 01:36 PM
WELCOME, DONUM! ...and congratulations on your new wacom. Are you enjoying it? I couldn't go back to mousing, but I'm amazed by how many folks have trouble getting used to a tablet.

No problems with the tablet, I don't see how I ever got a long with out it!

Everyone again thank you for your welcomes and I'll be posting some works soon....