PDA

View Full Version : Any eBayers using Artist Nation Web Site?

sketchdude
01-30-2002, 12:58 PM
Hi
I've been selling on eBay since November and have had good luck selling originals under $150.00.
For some of the more expensive paintings, I was thinking of setting up a gallery page at Artist Nation with a PayPal shopping cart button.

Does anyone know what the file size limitations are over there?

tammy
01-31-2002, 08:01 PM
If you already have an acount at artistnation, you might put this on that message board and someone will answer or you can even ask at the site discussion forum here and Scott will probably see it and have an answer for you. I don't remember the file size limitations and I believe that AN will be getting updated so Scott would know the answer best.

CarlyHardy
02-01-2002, 02:38 PM
I have had a site at Artist Nation for over a year now! I don't recall the exact limitations on size...but I have a huge file of graphics and about 5 pages on my site. No problem with size.

You won't find a better deal than Artist Nation!
carly

sketchdude
02-01-2002, 09:26 PM
Thanks Carly,
You have a nice page, and that's pretty close to what I have in mind. Congratulations on selling your painting. I haven't made my first online sale outside of eBay yet, but I just broke the $150.00 barrier and sold an abstract oil painting for $300.00.
I'll check back over at Artist Nation for more info. I use fat files and was afraid I'd take up too much space over there.

Epicurea
02-02-2002, 11:12 PM
How big are the file sizes you're talking about? Most of my image sizes rage from around 200k to 400k & I have a pretty big site at ArtistNation...including the individual image pages, it's 70 pages all together. I couldn't tell you what the limits are, but I add new stuff to mine regularly and have a HUGE image folder -- 178 files at the moment, including the thumbnails created by the ArtistNation gallery manager system for use on Art-Agent and not including 49 of my own thumbnails that I use on my site plus a handful of other miscellaneous images. I haven't hit any limits yet. So unless you're talking about 1+ meg files, I wouldn't worry about it.

Cassandra

sketchdude
02-03-2002, 01:17 AM
Hi Cassandra,
I compress the larger image files to 300 to 400 kb. The format I'm using on ebay has my medium sized files posted directly on the description page, which usually run 40 to 75 kb, then I put a link to the fat file for anyone who might be serious about bidding.
I noticed a jump in hits on my home page when I started selling stuff on ebay, and it got me to thinking about how I had been presenting my artwork online in the past. The auction format forced me to add alot more information about each piece, and I've been thinking that might be one of the keys to generating sales off ebay.
I checked out your site, and was impressed with your work. I like bold colors and pastels are a great way to go.