PDA

View Full Version : Painter problem Solved

leofaerie17
12-10-2005, 05:45 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hi Skinny has been having heaps of trouble with Painter so i suggested she use the "hold down shift while opening Painter" and shes over the moon because it worked, so keep it in mind if u have a problem, it restores it back to normal default:wink2:

Skinny
12-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Yes, I had tried EVERYTHING, including a reinstallation. This was the only thing that worked. So, before you toss your computer out the window, try Bev's magical tip!

:clap: :) :clap: :) :clap:

Thanks, Bev!

Jin
12-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Holding down the Shift key while launching Painter IX does restore the software to its installed state and it also removes any custom items you might have set up and/or saved.

For anyone who doesn't want to lose their custom preferences, custom settings, saved palette layouts, etc., before restoring Painter IX to its installed state by holding down the Shift key while launching:

Back up your Painter IX User folder so you'll be able to restore those custom items afterwards.

The Painter IX User folder is located here:

Windows - Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Corel\Painter IX

Mac - /Users/[User Name]/Library/Application Support/Corel/Painter IX/

TxAggieDarlin
12-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Great info............hope I can remember this if I ever need it :)
Glad is all ok, Skinny:)

Skinny
12-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Good tip! Thanks, Jin.

Aggie, why not copy it and put it in a "Notes" folder?

JCoop
12-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Bev, that's great information. Jin, leave to you to always fill in the important blanks.

Thanks to the both of you.:)

justjean
12-11-2005, 12:08 PM
thanks for the great info :)

Jin
12-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Happy to help, folks.

It's no fun to spend hours, days, even weeks setting up Painter IX just the way you want in order to work efficiently and comfortably, then find that using Shift/launch destroyed all that work.

It's a special pain if you're working on a client project that's due "tomorrow" and not having things set up right slows everything down.

Besides, you might not remember the exact setup when you have to do it all over again. Yikes!

;)