PDA

View Full Version : Aloof

Bytemebabs
12-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Sorry I have been so busy with the holidays coming and out of town company. I managed to do as few things for my site and this one for my series "Flowers of Emotions". I will have time tomorrow to come in and view all the paintings i have missed. Until then, this is my latest flower titled "Aloof". http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Dec-2005/56329-bkaloofsm.jpg
A larger view can be seen on my site at this link. http://www.barbkermisdesigns.com/ABAflonat12.htm Thanks for looking and see you tomorrow (Sunday).

waheednasir
12-10-2005, 10:55 AM
:wave: ..hi Bytemebabs..this is fine work..very interesting..:).
in my humble opinion, it just needs a bit of the ground/floor/tabletop suggestion. just an opinion, its wonderful as it is...:).

Yako
12-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Woooooooow! Coool!:cool: :clap: I agree about waheed said.

TxAggieDarlin
12-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Babs, WHERE do you get these ideas? They are all wonderful and I love the series on the flowers.............Awesome..........You really did a wonderful job with the glass (and ya know I love glass).....it is perfection!!!

justjean
12-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Yep it's just BEAUTIFUL Babs :clap: :clap: :clap: , your flowers are always so lovely. Are they out of your mind or do you hae a reference ?

LadyAlba
12-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Beautiful and that glass is exceptional! I do agree with Waheed the jar needs to be grounded just an indication of a scarf, table, etc. ;o)

maria_khurram
12-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Babs, its good to see you back and your marvelous painting. I just fell in love with this piece................specially the glass.

hamsterdance
12-10-2005, 02:25 PM
What program(s) did you use for this?

omniartz
12-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Wonderful realistic work. It is hard to do glass well. I think you did really nicely.

Kirk

Skinny
12-10-2005, 06:38 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LOVE that glass jar! The whole thing is terrific.

digistyle
12-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Very well done! The level of work coming out of this forum recently has been growing by leaps and bounds!

digistyle

JCoop
12-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Babs, breathtaking! Please tell me you're selling prints. If not, you need to be.:)

leofaerie17
12-10-2005, 10:58 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Babs i am absolutely flabbergasted this is the best glass I have seen in a long time,the whole thing is superb, BRAVO:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

barryt
12-11-2005, 06:14 AM
Nothing more to say after all that praise Babs, Well done and and excellent composition.

Bytemebabs
12-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Thank you all for the compliments! This was a difficult one for me as I have little practice with glass. Yes I used a photo reference from a hobbiest photographer, with his permission, who is mentioned on my site. Here is his photo. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2005/56329-23965.jpg Some of my flowers are from memory and some from photos I come across that catch my eye because they are unusal, fetching, or fit the next emotion I am trying to capture.

As you will see, I did not capture the glass the same. I also did not recognise what was also in the jar and thought it took away from the overall painting so I left it out and kinda "fudge factored" the rest. I "fudged" so much, I forgot to paitn the table it is on lol. And I do not like to go back to a painting after I think it is finished. I leave it as is to remind me of my errors.

I almost did not paint this because when I began it, I realised I had no clue as to how to do the glass. Then I felt foolish because I had already told him I would paint it. After the fact, I did a lousy job on the lily, because I got so intrigued with the glass!

And "nope" I do not sell these. Not because I won't, but I have never had an offer and would not know where to begin with an asking price. I just do this as a hobby.

I think I covered all questions asked and I again thank all of you for your comments and insight. Oops one more question to answer ... I painted this in PSP X using the round brush and the air brush. I then used the sharpen brush to bring out some contrast in the glass highlights.

Now I am off to view all the paintings I missed. :wink2:

Digital Portraits
12-11-2005, 02:27 PM
wow... I don't know what else to say, you stole my words and rendered my speechless. This is flawless, you must give me pointers! How long did this take you mam?

Skinny
12-11-2005, 06:27 PM
If you do not sell them, Babs, it is only that you have showed no interest in doing so!

JKBRYM
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Really nice!! Now your the Glass Queen. How about some holly for the Christmas season?
John