PDA

View Full Version : X post from WDE

Chiers
12-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Scruffy here was one of Pastel Mama's references for this weekend WDE.
Painted in Painter 1X with oil/round camelhair brush. No presketch just started painting on the canvas.

okay, now the interesting part. I painted this in painter, then took to psp to resize and save as jpg. I noticed a couple spots that needed to be fixed and did so then saved again. But now, when I try to upload it all I get is the version I saved first, the unrepaired one. but when I close it in psp, then open it again, I get the repaired version. In order to get a save on the second one I had to do a screen capture of it then save the screen capture. I am totally befuddled!! Any ideas what might be going on here?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2005/23771-Scruffy_12_9.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2005/23771-Scruffy.jpg
The first one is a bit blurry because of the multiple saves I tried.

barryt
12-10-2005, 05:26 AM
I like Scruffy! You must be saving in two different folders I think Sherry. If you have saved to the same file, you couldn't go back. Try numbering the saves, I think you'll find your app keeps picking the old one.

Skinny
12-10-2005, 07:50 AM
SHERRY...Scruffy is a real charmer! You've used the impasto masterfully. Barry's suggested source of trouble sounds reasonable.

Chiers
12-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks Barry, but no, that isn't what is happening. I had the browser open as I saved, and can even see the pic in the browser do that momentary blink when I clicke save. Defineately not saving to different folders. I have had some difficulty with saves in psp before but not this kind. Sometimes it just doesn't save the picture at all. Psp just came out with a patch yesterday. Maybe it will be a fix, I hope.

omniartz
12-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Scruffy is great! I don't use psp so I can't haelp you but I like the first one posted in this thread, I really like the textures of the fur. Nice painting!

Kirk

digistyle
12-10-2005, 10:12 PM
This painting has a lot of personality! You may want to consider doing pet portraits as a sideline!

digistyle

TxAggieDarlin
12-11-2005, 11:17 AM
He is a cutie...........dogs are really fun to paint.......especially those w/ personality!!

justjean
12-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Great job Sherry he is a cutie (I just finished my Scruffy LOL)

Bytemebabs
12-11-2005, 03:32 PM
This painting has a lot of personality! You may want to consider doing pet portraits as a sideline!

digistyle

I couldn't agree more!

leofaerie17
12-11-2005, 05:41 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Sherry hes adorable well done:clap: :clap: :clap: