PDA

View Full Version : Joan Collins-Digital drawing and colouration

EmIce
12-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi all :wave:
Here is a digital drawing and colouration I did yesterday of Joan Collins.. I really enjoyed doing this piece, shes a great subject to work with, even through a photo, lol :D
It took 3hrs, with a break in between, to complete..

The orig. pic.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2005/71076-215.jpg

And the completed digital drawing.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2005/71076-joancollinsFIN-KH.jpg

Of course, I used some of my own artistic license to modify a few details..lol :p

Any C&C would be welcomed.. thanks for looking :D

TxAggieDarlin
12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
VERY nice........I like her :)
Maybe a little more shadowing to show those cheekbones....GREAT JOB

Borum
12-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Even though there aren't any in your source pic, some highlights in the eye would help bring them out and make them more rounded....

Good work so far....:)

EmIce
12-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Thanks ever so much for the C&C TxAggieDarlin and Borum.. greatly appreciated :D ..
Some good suggestions..
I shall try some deeper shading to the cheekbones..
I was going to try to make the shading more prominent, I just didn't want to make it too harsh a contrast, I shall have to be careful, lol..
And Borum, thats a great idea for some highlights in the eye.. tbh, I hadn't even thought that and only added a dash of lightness to the left eye, but yes, something of a glint in the pupil or near the pupil on the iris could look great..

Thanks again guys :D

waheednasir
12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
hello there EmIce...u already got some good tips..just a couple of suggestions i would like to write here, apart from applying some shading to the cheekbones, uve to do something for the over all shape of the face as well. your version, her left side (our rite) is too rounded and in a continous form, uve to give an impression of the cheekbone on the edge as well, see the ref. i hope u get my point. a couple of strokes are need on her right cheek as well, yours is just a dark area, if u see the ref, ull notice a light suggestion is there, in shadow, making the form of her face.
one important thing to get close, to really observe tones and small areas of light n dark, this will make u get the resemblence. for eg. observe the dark (gradient type) shadow under her right nostril, her lips have a dark centre line till the corner. etc. things like these surely helpls...:).

all the best..im sure ull have a wonderful result...:).

:wave:.