PDA

View Full Version : Applying for a painting course - help!

arlejerlutos
12-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Hello everyone! I'm planning to apply for a painting course at a local art school someday. (I'm planning to study accounting / business studies first as a safety net.)

Although they said that it is not compulsory to take art at upper secondary school level (I think it's called high school in the US) , I'm still a little worried because I don't have much experience in painting - I've done some acrylic pieces this year and a wall painting project at school with other students last year.Neither do I have any paintings large enough to meet the minimum portfolio size. Most of the artwork I've done this year are about A5 size.

Another thing is that I use mixed media very often, mostly CP + markers, CP+acrylics, pastel+CP.

Should I include some mixed media work in my portfolio along with works done in only one media?

Axl
01-13-2006, 07:03 PM
I think you could only benifit from adding some mixed media works into your portfolio if that is where your strong point is and what you do most often.

But if you dont have paintings big enough, take some time and then work and build your portfolio until you DO have the work your need to get in! The school will definately appreciate your efforts :)