PDA

View Full Version : Wild Horse on Suede

NancyPH
12-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, here's a horse that I've been working on. It's 11"x14" - Prismas on dark blue suede board.

I've run into a problem with his shoulder and part of his neck - I've reached saturation with the suede. If you remember from previous threads, I mentioned that running out of tooth on suede could produce rather nasty effects. Well it has started to do just that. I cannot touch his shoulder anymore no matter how much I may want to change things!!! I can, however, touch up other areas, and I will be. I'm not quite finished yet. This is the first time I have really looked at it on the computer and I can see even more that needs fixing (such as the nostrils). I will also be bringing the chest and top of the legs into the picture and crop it at the bottom if his mane so he's not floating in the air.

This ref pic actually is not one of my own. It is by rb94teg in Stock exchange's ref library.

C&C's welcome. Go ahead - tear it apart. And yes, I am going to push the values a bit more. :rolleyes:

reisSUEd
12-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Is it possible to lift any of the color out with blue tack or such to regain enough tooth to make changes, or is it impossible with that paper? Just asking, as a newbie who wants to learn.

NancyPH
12-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Afraid not. With suede, no corrections can be made, except for going over a mistake and covering it up. Same for tooth. Once tooth is gone, it's gone. :(

frogza
12-02-2005, 12:40 PM
It looks good. With how unforgiving suede is you've done a great job, and convinced me that I'm not good enough to try suede for myself.

momof6
12-02-2005, 05:22 PM
I've had good results using an eraser (a hard one like the kids use for math homework!) on my suede. It will leave a "stain" of pigment behind, but I've been able to otherwise start fresh after erasing on suede. I haven't reach the point of saturation like you've described - but that's probably my lack of significant experience with it.

I like the wild mane on this fellow! I'm not even sure why you're unhappy with the shoulder - it looks great to me! Nice work!

jody007
12-02-2005, 07:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh Oh I love it! My hubby loved it as well! Beautiful horse!!!!!!

Jody:D

cyber_holic
12-03-2005, 12:22 PM
WOW! Thi si beautiful! :clap:! :eek:

brushandknife
12-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Looks nice to me too. I think I would like it even better if his body went clear down or you cropped it up rather than leave the background. Don't know why, I usually like it sort of "floating" too, just for some reason if I put my hand up and cover the bottom it feels more "finished". Just a suggestion as it looks nice this way as well.
Carol