PDA

View Full Version : Caricature of Leo...he heee!

Jason Seiler
01-28-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey folks! This is one I just did for a friend of mine's site.....he's in my opinoin one of the best caricaturist....very good at exaggeration....check out his site. www.opdebeeck.com I entered a few of his competitions, trying to win original sketches from him...I was lucky to win the November one which was Michael Jackson. After you win you can't enter for two months, so here's my attempt to win the Leonardo of February.....Take care,:D

LarrySeiler
01-28-2002, 04:54 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D

HAHAHahahahhaa..... (rolling!) ...hahahahah!!!!

Dats him!!!! ROFL.... quite good kiddo, and very humorous! You point out well that which is humorus on this one!
Very cool!!!!

Daaaahd

BlackTigr
01-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Amusing. I always thought he had girly lips.

--BT

dnip24
01-28-2002, 11:06 PM
ha ha ha! Looks very funny!:D Jason, I would like to see more
caricatures!

Witty
01-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Good one Jason

You did a great job on emphasizing his face with what you had to work with. I mean - he's not someone that has anything protruding or anything "over the top" if you know what I mean....

He's a pretty average guy and for that reason, with what you have wildly exaggerated, he is still easily recognisable..

Brad

PS - you've rendered the hair excellent!

Jason Seiler
01-30-2002, 12:06 AM
I think that I'm kinda going a bit coo coo! I know longer see people the way normal people see people. I've slowly started seeing people in a sort of twisted way....so now when I do caricatures, it's almost like just drawing what I see in my head, how I see them....and I guess that's just how he looks to me....I know, I think I need to see a doctor....:confused: Anyway thanks for the nice comments!

Are you going to do one?

Talk to ya later!:rolleyes:

LarrySeiler
01-30-2002, 12:09 AM
You know, I've wondered about that Jason, now that you mention it. If after awhile, you will lose the ability to look at people "normally."

Hhhmmmmm.....

After years of painting outdoor subjects and landscapes, I see stuff that others do not...and its a challenge to pretend not to see it.

Like our friend Ted, use to say, "my mind is a scary place to be, and you live right next door!"

:D

Daaaahd

cry_1
01-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Jesus, that is pretty funny. Great job, man. I must have missed this yesterday. You've captured the pretty little man! He's beggin for a smootch, ain't he? Haw!
Ever seen Mark Ryden's Leo? I've included a link:

http://www.markryden.com/images/gallery/previous2/large/leo.jpg

If you haven't seen Mark's work before, buckle up.

Also, if you dig karikatuers of selebritties (duh), go see Zach Trenholm's site at:

http://www.zachtrenholm.com

It's super simplistic, but cool.

Jason Seiler
01-30-2002, 12:46 PM
Cool, thanks for showing me those sites...to be straight up with ya though....the Leo that on that site was rendered very nicely, but as far as capturing him, it didn't do much for me....I love Zach's stuff...:clap: I've seen his stuff before....it's sick how he uses only a few lines and still captures them....have you ever heard of Al Hirschfeld? You should check him out...the "Line King"

Take care Corey! :D

cry_1
01-30-2002, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Mr. Hirschfeld is some kind of alien or god, I swear.

Keith Russell
01-30-2002, 05:38 PM
Greetings:

Ryden isn't a caricacurist, it's true. (But, his work rocks.)

I think his portrait of Leo was commissioned by Leo, which may be why it's more of a 'straight' portrait of Leo's face, but with Ryden's characteristic atmosphere and creepiness, of course.

Keith.

Keith Russell
01-30-2002, 05:39 PM
Jason:

IMO, your work is better than the work shown at the site you linked in your post.

Many of his caricatures, while nicely exaggerated, didn't capture the likeness of the person very well.

Yours do both.

Keith.

Jason Seiler
01-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Just to clear things up....I'm not doggin' Ryden...great stuff...and I could probably learn a lot from him.....I hope If ever Leo commissioned me, that he'd be able to handle the "Truth" about himself!"

Say, did you want me to send you a Headnoise CD or what? Let me know what your address is...and I'll send one off to ya!

-Later! :D

Witty
02-02-2002, 06:58 AM
For what it's worth - and while we are on the subject of good CARICATURISTS, my favourites are:

Jan Opdebeeck, Sebastian Kruger and Ismael Roldan.

In my opinion, they are the BIG 3.

Jan for his exaggeration, Ismael for his colour and poses and Kruger for a bit of both...

Of course, I enjoy the legendary talents of Al Hirschfield, Steadman (Jason - if you haven't seen his style, its so whacky it is awesome, you'll love it man), and others, but I like details and these 3 master it.

Brad

Jason Seiler
02-02-2002, 10:38 AM
I've got to agree with ya, Jan, Kruger and Roldan....not as much a Roldan fan as I am Jan and Kruger. Jan is more of a friend of mine, and it's nice having a friend who is also such an inspiration...he's a good teacher, and like you said one of the best at exaggerating.

...with Kruger all one must do is say the name..."Kruger" Ouch...sometimes I hate that guy...It's a love/hate relationship! You know what I mean?

Any one day...I hope to be there with them...are you coming?

-Later:D

gjwillis
02-02-2002, 03:59 PM
I'm a little late...But hey, that was a kick ass caricature of Leo. It's not easy exaggerating the pretty ones. You did a kick ass job!!

LarrySeiler
02-02-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Jason Seiler
Jan, Kruger and Roldan....

Any one day...I hope to be there with them...are you coming?

-Later:D

I might be biased, uh hem....but, I think you'll be there one day! Furthermore, I think you'll do it holding your sense of dignity and values! How's that for confidence!

Daaaahd
("Daaaahd"...from Braveheart, "I kin fieeyht dahhh, I kin fieeyht!")

Jason Seiler
02-03-2002, 01:14 PM
Well thanks, I hope so....I think sometimes I'm still in the stage of I need to do about a thousand more bad caricatures before I get where I want to be.....I dunno?

-Later!:confused: :eek: :p

Witty
02-04-2002, 03:33 AM
Yep - I also hope to make it!!!!!!!!

I'm trying more and more colour stuff lately and it really is an art to itself!

Will put on a new caricature (Russell Crowe) in the next couple of days... This ones in oils..........

Brad

:eek: Now I won't say what this guy looks like...

digistyle
02-05-2002, 05:52 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Feb-2002/laff.gif

Another good one! The lips and hair made it for me!

digistyle