PDA

View Full Version : thanks to the artists of wet canvas.

monticore
12-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I am a new member of wet canvas and have been following the pastel forums for about a month or so. I just wanted to thank everyone for your generosity of knowledge and sharing of wip,questions,comments and experience. I am learning more from you as a group than i did when i studied fine art back in the early 80s.I hope to become more of a participant soon, but have been spending much time reading post viewing your work and soaking it in.Just a time out to show my appreciation. P.S. this pastel stuff is addictive i feel like a kid again!

Bill Foehringer
12-01-2005, 05:22 PM
kewl! BillF

Khadres
12-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forum, monticore! And I know exactly what you mean! This place is a true treasure trove of goodies...and yes! Pastels are probably the most addictive art item there is! Now....quit lurking and join us! None of us bite (any more) and we'd love to get to know you!

K Taylor-Green
12-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Welcome, welcome!! So glad you like it here. I have always thought that WetCanvas was better than art school. Just my opinion.
Hope to see some work from you, soon.

HarvestMoon
12-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi Monticore- I will try to keep my 'evil twin' locked up, so yes, please jump in and join us- I agree that the step by step WC pastel demos are far better than taking a class or reading a book! And it IS addictive- esp. all the pretty colors.....and you get to use your hands- like finger painting!
Linda

KJSCL
12-01-2005, 06:27 PM
:wave: :wave: Hi Monticore, welcome to the pastel forum. I too lurked around for quite awhile before I came out:D

Kathryn Wilson
12-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Here that you lurkers! It's about time you joined us - :clap:

Give yourself permission to join us - you won't regret it - :D

Paula Ford
12-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Hello monticore and Welcome!!

So glad you jumped in to meet us!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Paula

monticore
12-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Im working on a painting and hope to post it if i win the wrestling match with my computer. I guess i like pastels more than p.c's.Struggled with oil painting and acrylic so i bought some pastels to take a breather. Now with the pastels i actually enjoy the process.Thanks again. Joe D.

scall0way
12-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Oh I sure do understand about enjoying the process! I feel the same way about pastels, just a pure, but almost guilty, pleasure. :) Welcome!