PDA

View Full Version : Great American or Mt. Vision Split in Swap Shop

prettytulips
12-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Just a post to let you all know I put a post to split either
a full set of GA's or MT. Visions..... Check the swap shop....

eutherpendragon
12-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Hi - I checked out your post in the Swap Shop and noticed that you are interested in splitting the Polychromos as well, so I sent you a pm concerning those, as I am interested, as long as no one else has spoken first.

Thanks,
Ann

Paula Ford
12-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Would you post a link to it ?

prettytulips
12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Yes: Here is the link!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310127

Orchidacea
12-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Great idea, but I still can't afford it right now!

Shari
12-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I sent you a pm, I am waiting to hear from Mt. Vision to see if that offer is still on.

prettytulips
12-01-2005, 11:55 PM
I sent you a pm, I am waiting to hear from Mt. Vision to see if that offer is still on.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

JamieWG
12-02-2005, 01:59 PM
It's such a great idea to do it this way. I split the full set of Giraults with another artist like this. You get to sample the entire line without having to pay for full sticks of colors you use less frequently, then just replace the most-used ones as they go. I end up breaking mine anyway and putting 1/3-1/2 into my pastel case. If I ever get another full set of a brand, I'd do it as a split set again.

Jamie

prettytulips
12-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm the one that split the Giraults with Jamie last year :)... I just put my old screen name to bed.. Glad you are still enjoying your Giraults!

Kelly

JamieWG
12-02-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm the one that split the Giraults with Jamie last year :)... I just put my old screen name to bed.. Glad you are still enjoying your Giraults!

Kelly

Hahaha! Kelly, you went incognito on me! LOL. Yes, I adore the Giraults. :) If I had any room left in my pastel case, I'd split another set of something else just to add to the collection and for the sheer joy it brings to see all those pretty colors. *sigh* In the end, we're just a big bunch of color junkies, aren't we? ;)

Hugs,
Jamie

prettytulips
12-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Hahaha! Kelly, you went incognito on me! LOL. Yes, I adore the Giraults. :) If I had any room left in my pastel case, I'd split another set of something else just to add to the collection and for the sheer joy it brings to see all those pretty colors. *sigh* In the end, we're just a big bunch of color junkies, aren't we? ;)

Hugs,
Jamie

Yes, I'm a pastel junkie. "Hello, my name is Kelly, and I'm a pastel addict"....
:crying:

prettytulips
12-03-2005, 04:28 AM
Boy I am really fickle. At first I wanted Mt. Vision, but then didn't and now after looking at the colors again, since they are unique and useful, I want the whole set. Geez, I can see why we would all want every set there is!

Paula Ford
12-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Just had to add my 2cents in here...

Mount Visions IMHO are the most fantastic pastels I have ever used! They can be used throughout the whole painting.

Great Americans are really wonderful, but because they are so creamy, I have a tendency only to use them towards the final stages.

The only thing I would change about the Mount Visions is their shape. I LOVE square pastels and that would absolutely make them PERFECT...but they are really close to that now.

Paula