PDA

View Full Version : My Grandfather

maria_khurram
12-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Did this for family protraits collection. It was an old photo.....:eek: and also camera mounted flash photo...........but it was very pleasing to do this as I have never seen my grandfather because he died before my birth. I tried to paint more loose than I do....and I am happy with the results...:) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2005/59753-Sheikh_Meraj-ud-Din_wc.JPG A closer look. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2005/59753-Sheikh_Meraj-ud-Deen_face_clsup.JPG

barryt
12-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Beautiful Maria. Love the close up, the collars just right in that. I find portraits of lost family so soothing to do.

Skinny
12-01-2005, 07:34 AM
What a wonderful fellow!!! The glasses make him look so thoughtful and gentle-natured.This is the sort of gentleman I'd like to sit down with...and to hear his views of life, love and the human condition. WELL DONE, Maria!

justjean
12-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Wonderfull colours in this painting Maria :clap: looking at old photos makes one wish they could know more about them :)

LadyAlba
12-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Just wonderful and beautifully painted!! A prize for your collection! ;o)

TxAggieDarlin
12-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Very nice and what a lot of love went into it

leofaerie17
12-01-2005, 05:54 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Nicely done Maria one for the wall, for sure:clap: :clap:

jhercilia
12-01-2005, 08:54 PM
That's a very nice portrait, Maria. He seems to be a nice guy.

maria_khurram
12-02-2005, 05:14 AM
Beautiful Maria.

Thanks Barry............lol.

Yes Kristen, you are right. When my father tells us about him, I miss him so much.

Jean, thanks.....:)

Marge, thank you too. I am working on so many portraits........:( But I enjoy a lot doing these.:)

Aggie, thank you.

Bev, thanks.

Janet, thank you too. BTW he was an artist also.:)

Skinny
12-02-2005, 07:54 AM
"....BTW he was an artist also."

AHA! That thoughtful look...I should've known!

Bytemebabs
12-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Maria I know I said welcome back before but I am going to say it again. I just love looking at your paintings! You, Jerry, Coop. Janet and .. well I guess I could go on with a list lol, have this unique "painterly" quality about all your work. They look as though you have had extensive art lessons which maybe you all have had. But I know people who also have had those lessons and cannot even come close to the beauty you present in every painting!

And I can't imagine how special this ones means to you ... actually I can. And those paintings are forever priceless!

Shan Khurram
12-02-2005, 11:05 PM
The painting looks fresh and wet. I can still feel the wetness of paint. You master the impasto brush. Eyes and glasses are done beautifully and perfect as I have seen him. He was an intellegent and thoughtful person. Yoou captured his personality very well. Congrats on this one.

khurram
12-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Its really a great painting from you. It has very close likeness to my father. The original photograph was taken by me. And I admit that it is much bette than of that photograph. Excellent work Maria. Keep it up.

Harris-sirraH
12-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Grand Pa :wave:

Excellent portrait of an excellent man.:clap: :clap: :clap: