PDA

View Full Version : claire

krispee
11-30-2005, 03:36 PM
been working on this for a little while, painter portrait of a friend of mine.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2005/46276-clairecleave_wip2.jpg

still some work to do on the base of the wine glass and the background....

comments welcome.....

krispee

Bytemebabs
11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
AND YOU QUESTION IS???? Geesh woman! this is perfect!

barryt
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
There's even crumbs on the plate! Well done Krispee. What is your method?

LadyAlba
11-30-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm with Babs and Barry ..........WOW ;o)

justjean
11-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Very nice, care to share how you did this :D

krispee
11-30-2005, 06:04 PM
bytemebabs: woman? lol i`m a guy :D
the base of the wine glass is still bugging me though....i`ll never be able to leave alone.....
thanks for your comments everyone......

justjean/barryt: no tricks, had a photo from my friend(claire`s husband) and thought it looked too good to pass up......painter used and just blocked out and gradually put in the details.....one day i`ll have to do a proper tutorial but never seem to have the time......

krispee

jhercilia
11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
This is a great job. Love those cups/glass.

khia
12-01-2005, 05:54 AM
This is great, so much detail!

maria_khurram
12-01-2005, 06:49 AM
:eek:..............AWESOME. This is really nice done.

One suggestion, if you darken the hands and lighten the face, it will make this better as hands are dragging more attention due to light.

BTW, stunning portrait. Every thing is expertly done.

Skinny
12-01-2005, 07:28 AM
She looks like a character!

justjean
12-01-2005, 07:45 AM
krispee didn't mean to suggest you used tricks :o I was hoping for a step by step so please hurry up and get some time :) I had a look at your site and you have some beautiful paintings/drawings (the Indian and and the apples and old pot for example ) there. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful art

justjean/barryt: no tricks, had a photo from my friend(claire`s husband) and thought it looked too good to pass up......painter used and just blocked out and gradually put in the details.....one day i`ll have to do a proper tutorial but never seem to have the time......

krispee

krispee
12-01-2005, 12:12 PM
cheers everyone.....
justjean: i took 'tricks' to mean my methods and was pointing out that it was just a straightforward painting, nothing special lol so don`t worry.....the trouble with tut`s is(i`ve done them before so i`m speaking from experience here) that they take so long to get together....according to mark malone you can do a script in painter, which is like a movie/record of your brushstrokes, so maybe that`s the way to do it.....
watch this space i guess ;)

to be quite honest i never intended to paint in such detail, it seemed to just go that way.....

kris

TxAggieDarlin
12-01-2005, 01:11 PM
WOW............talk about a detail NUT ROTFL....just kidding, I love every crum and what a special painting for a special friend.........Awesome job