PDA

View Full Version : Special (unusual) request for my youngest ...

tremblad
11-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone,

My youngest (she is in grade 6th) is doing a special project at her school. Her whole class want to collect front page of newspaper from around the world.

The children cannot go to a newspaper stand to buy outside Canada newspaper. They cannot neither go to the newspaper's website to print their first page there. They most received them by regular mail. I suspect they will work either on the stamps, on the envelops, the origin of the newpaper (a little bit of geography) than on the first page of the newspaper itself.

My daughter told me that they are already sure to have a newspaper from the States (fairly easy to get for us) and from France. I already have a contact for Portugal.

I thought that maybe WC members could help them. If you wish to do so, the only thing to do is cut the first page of the newspaper and send it to:

École Fernand-Séguin
Classe de Marie-Ève, 6ème année (Catherine Tremblay)
2590, rue Biencourt
Sainte-Foy (Québec) G1V 1H3
CANADA

If you want to add a few words (in French or in English), children in 6th grade in Canada are 11-12 years old. My daughter is Catherine.

Thank you for those you who wants to "play the game". If you do it, please tell me what country you will send them ...

Have a nice day everyone ...

Daniel Tremblay

Hessian
11-30-2005, 01:40 PM
About a half dozen front pages from England will be on their way tomorrow.

Gilberte
11-30-2005, 02:13 PM
I will send the front page of a newspaper from Antwerpen in Belgium (in Flemish = Dutch).

:wave:

timelady
11-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Cool project - it'd be really interesting to see what types of news items are relevent to different countries. Hessian beat me to it, I just hope he hasn't sent you The Sun. ;) If I pop into town next week one of the big bookstores has lots of international papers and I can have a look. What's the deadline for her project?

Tina.

Hessian
11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
She only asked for the front page. So even if I had sent the Sun, page 3 would be safely absent. lol

tremblad
11-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Hey! I'm glad of your answers! Honestly, I did not expect a lot of feedbacks and I am very pleased that some of you respond that fast!

Thanks Hessian and Gilberte. Children will apreciate ...

They are going to work with the material in mid-January. There is therefore no rush! I will try to get more detail about what they will do with that.

Timelady, I agree with you that it is a cool project. I've found it interesting also when my daughter talked to me about it. And, this is why I took the time to post here ...

simmy
11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
One from Queensland Australia,will be on its way in the next day.I might even have a front page from Oman,that i could include,though it will be several months old....we lived there for 7 years so i have collected a few....if its of no use though let me know.
Cheers
Sim

Gilberte
12-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I posted mine today (with inside a small aquarelle).
Ciao !

Nandie
12-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Hi Daniel,

Does she need any more from Canada? If so, I can send the Vancouver Province, Whistler Question and Squamish Chief front pages (all from B.C.) Let me know if that would help.

tremblad
12-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Gilberte, I let you know when they receive it. :)

Sim, Thank you in their names ... ;)

Andrea, I'll check if they need local newspaper from elsewhere in Canada and let you know. BC is such a great place. Been there once and loved it! :wave:

Thanks again to all of you!

PS: This is my 100th message on Wetcanvas! I am not a big poster but I now feel part of the community more than ever! :clap:

Grasshopper
12-02-2005, 09:21 AM
So, you for sure don't need any from the U.S, eh?

tremblad
12-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Gilberte,

Children have received your mail yesterday. They were soooo excited! They thank you very very much.

I saw the painting you sent them. Awesome! I have to put a new Wetcanvas painter to my favorite list!

Bless you!

Gilberte
12-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Gilberte,

Children have received your mail yesterday. They were soooo excited! They thank you very very much.

I saw the painting you sent them. Awesome! I have to put a new Wetcanvas painter to my favorite list!

Bless you!

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't take that long then....
Glad to have been of a little help.
:wave: