PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Lady A's purple vase

leofaerie17
11-29-2005, 09:59 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Nov-2005/38428-Muted_vase.jpg:wave: :wave: :wave:

I traced the vase and then painted in oils and pallet knife then decided id go for losts and found edges so thats what i concentrated on

Critique please on outcome and advice welcome

Thanks/Community/images/29-Nov-2005/38428-Muted_vase.jpg

leofaerie17
11-29-2005, 10:01 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

sorry OPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSS

/Community/images/29-Nov-2005/38428-Muted_vase.jpg

leofaerie17
11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
ok i give up it must be WC again...................Sherry u can delete this thread if u wish its not taking my pic

/Community/images/29-Nov-2005/38428-Muted_vase.jpg

Chiers
11-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Some mighty strange things are happening in here today for sure Bev. We will just wait a while and see if someone sprinkles fair dust on it and makes it appear.

leofaerie17
11-29-2005, 10:18 PM

of course why didnt I think of that they are my best friends:wink2:

Jin
11-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Try this link, with the beginning added:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Nov-2005/38428-Muted_vase.jpg

Don't copy and paste it because the URL truncated as it's displayed in this post.

Just click the link to see the image or right-click the link and choose Copy Link Location, then paste it into a new browser window or edit your post and paste it between image tags.

Ya gotta be a detective to survive on the Internet! ;)

leofaerie17
11-29-2005, 10:35 PM

There you go Sherry, u were right a faerie turned up, thanks Jin:wink2:

simmy
11-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Bev,
thanks so much for letting me know that you had used my pic...im floored by the fantastic work you can produce from this art form.I have Photoshop but its version 5 and all i do with it is edit pics,you know light,contrast etc.
So when you said you used oil and palette knife is that within a PC program....you did a beautiful job....i love the way you have made the background really enhance the vase.

Sim:clap:

leofaerie17
11-29-2005, 11:13 PM

Hi again Simmy, i used Painter 9 its a wonderful program www.corel.com then look for it there :clap: and most use it here for their art work but there are free programs u can download to get a feel of what they do i really like art rage its free www.artrage.com there are more check in Jet's tips and tuts thread for more.

its so much fun and everyone here is so helpful hope u join us:cat:

thanks for the picture it is great:wink2:

Jin
11-29-2005, 11:20 PM
You're welcome, Bev. Happy to help.

simmy
11-29-2005, 11:38 PM

Hi again Simmy, i used Painter 9 its a wonderful program www.corel.com (http://www.corel.com) then look for it there :clap: and most use it here for their art work but there are free programs u can download to get a feel of what they do i really like art rage its free www.artrage.com (http://www.artrage.com) there are more check in Jet's tips and tuts thread for more.

its so much fun and everyone here is so helpful hope u join us:cat:

thanks for the picture it is great:wink2:

Thanks Bev i will have a look at those programs and Jets Tips,i did have a quick look at Jet's Tips the other day but i was a bit overwhelmed,probably because i was trying to relate it to Photoshop......bit blonde that day..lol...

I did do some cloning on an acrylic painting im doing,the comp i think needs some more flowers added to it on the left side of the painting so i thought why not try and do something in Photoshop before i paint it and hate it and cant remove it...anyway i wont put the pic here is you want to have a look this is the link ..http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309840
Its actually the photo in the second post....im sure you will be able to pick it..lol...
Thanks
Sim

leofaerie17
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM

HI Simmy:wink2:

Sent u a private message:cat:

Yako
11-30-2005, 06:16 AM
Wow!, rich colors! Well done reflections! :) :cool: There's although something that caught my attention. I feel, perhaps the base of the object shouldn't be straight a little more curved perhaps

barryt
11-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Lovely painting Bev, and I like the reflections and shadow. As Yako ssays the base is not quite right. If you can see the top of the vase, then the curve at the bottom will be even more than the top:)

TxAggieDarlin
11-30-2005, 10:29 AM
It is beautiful and I agree with the base...fix that and it is perfect :)

Skinny
11-30-2005, 10:52 AM
BEV...It's very good. My problem isn't with the vase, but with the top. The opening isn't right.

SIMMY...Thanks for cross-referencing. I love your tulips! Isn't the WC library terrific?

JCoop
11-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Bev, love the moody feeling that you produce with your brushes. It feels very comfortable to look at. Nicely done!:)

LadyAlba
11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh Bev you did a fantastic job on this!! ;o)

leofaerie17
11-30-2005, 06:52 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments, I knew it wasent right i will work on the top and bottom to get it right, i knew u guys would help me out thanks again:cat: :cat: :cat: