PDA

View Full Version : FND on the first

Bendaini
01-28-2002, 01:39 AM
I hope to see you all at the FND on the 1st of febuary. Make sure you pack all your cp's and paints, your pencils and crayons into the den and set them up on that tray.

I was informed that it is now a 2 hour long "sketch" setion so i had to revise my plans a little, thats alright though. Be here bright and early at 5pm pacific when i will post the pictures.

I hope your all looking forward to it, i sure am :D

crissy

sandge
01-28-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Bendaini
Be here bright and early at 5pm pacific when i will post the pictures.

Anybody know what that is in GMT? Thanks. :D

Bendaini
01-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Bobby might know, or someone nice enough to convert it, i have troble figureing out est....

Yielding
01-28-2002, 08:18 PM
When does the two hour count down start - 5pm pac or is that when you will post the pics??

Let me know

Yielding

Surfinia
01-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Hey Yielding,

5 pm Pacific time is 7 pm Central time.

My understanding is that the pics will be posted a half hour before starting time, which would be 6:30 for you there in Iowa.

See ya Friday.

eadwine
01-28-2002, 10:10 PM
2pm EST?

*is getting seriously confused with all the time zones now*

sherville
01-28-2002, 10:29 PM
Here is a thread that baquitania posted for some other Drawing Event with everyone's timezones. It took place at the same time as this one is so the times still apply.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29840

Surfinia
01-28-2002, 10:35 PM
Here's my method of understanding time zones. I sort of follow the sun across the continent. It rises in the east, right? So it arrives there sooner than it does further west. Well, if it's noon in New York, the noon-time sun hasn't made it over to Kansas yet, so it's earlier in KC, and even earlier still in California. Does this make sense to anyone other than me?

So, if it's 8pm in New York, it's not yet that late in Kansas, so the time would be earlier. (Now, here you do have to know how many time zones there are across the country, and as you "travel" westward, each time you cross over into a new time zone, it's one hour earlier than the one you just left.)

8 pm New York EST

7 pm Kansas CST

6 pm Colorado MST

5 pm California PST

(If Alaska is in still another time zone, it would be 4 pm)

(I can't go any further than that, and then, there's the international date line, which I have no idea where it is.)

Hope this helps.

arlene
01-28-2002, 10:36 PM
no 8PM EST and england is i think five hours later which would put it at 1AM

eadwine
01-28-2002, 10:44 PM
I know that Holland is 6 hrs ahead of EST and England is 1 hour less.

digistyle
01-29-2002, 12:30 AM
All,

5:00 P.M. (17:00 hours) Pacific Standard Time (PCT) = 09:00 hours(9:00 A.M.), same day, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

This link is very helpful in coverting time zones.

http://greenwichmeantime.com

Hope this helps!

digistyle

sandge
01-29-2002, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the links, sherville and digi.

According to that link, digi, Baquitania is right in his calcuations: PST = GMT -8. So 5pm PST is 1am here - which is too late for me to join in. :crying:

Ah well, perhaps next time? :)

coyote
01-29-2002, 05:31 PM
I really love these events, but 5:00 is right when I get off work...and it takes me an hour to get home :crying:

I sure hope we do some more on Saturdays

Bendaini
01-29-2002, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry i can't do it on a saterday... my husband takes the computer on the weekend and wont let me have it back till tuesday... unless i did it really early when he was sleeping and that would be bad because i would be half asleep too.

It's too bad we can't have a friday and a saterday one, but Bobbys has enough to do with one a week :D

Crissy

baquitania
01-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Thank you all for wanting to come this Friday, remember also that you may take the "challenge" at your leisure if this time isn't convenient. I just thought since the Host is the one that is doing the planning and will be responsible to comment on everyone's work. That these Art Events be given when it is in their reasonable time zone and date.

This is why we have had alternating friday, saturday, sunday events.

Sandra, Coyote, and others I am still looking for hosts in March, which is when I will be doing this again. Currently all our hosts in February have opted for a friday, though I may be able to ask one for a sunday switch...(I will get back to you on that)

However I will definitely switch mine to March 2nd, a saturday for both of you... Infact I already have my theme and topic picked, so I can't wait to go again... I just love choosing ideas for you talented people...

Bobby :D

AriadneArts
01-30-2002, 12:23 AM
Last Saturday was my first and I enjoyed it to the hilt. I'm all ready for this Friday. Will the images be posted a bit before 5P?