PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a new member.........

Aquarelle10
11-27-2005, 04:44 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2005/71657-Bichon_Frise_Study.jpg Pastel of a Bichon Frise ..........

Hi.

I joined W/C as a watercolour artist but I work in Pastel too sometimes.

I love the posts I've seen in this section and just really wanted to say Hello!

The above is a very quick study of a Bichon Frise.I didn't add too much detail because I seemed to catch the character of the dog with just a few strokes so it seemed best to leave it as it was.Sometimes less seems to say more.

Nice to find you and meet you all and hopefully I'll be in touch more now.It's taking time to navigate my way around this huge site!

Take care....

Jean.

khourianya
11-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the dusty side of WC, Jean! Love your bichon...you are right that sometimes less is more - this captures him so eloquently! Beautiful!

HarvestMoon
11-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Jean- what a cute dog- and very warm welcome to the pastel portion of wetcanvas! Be sure to see the great pictures in the Soft Pastel Studio!
cheers,
Linda

Paula Ford
11-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Hello Jean and Welcome!

Love your pup!

I've asked that this thread be moved to the Soft Pastel Studio. It will get lots more viewings there.

Good to have you!
Paula

Aquarelle10
11-28-2005, 05:55 AM
Hi Cori,Linda and Paula,thank you for the welcome........it is a little daunting when you first join W/C but its such a wonderful place.......

I'll look at the gallery and the soft pastel studio.thank you for the help Paula.

*Marina*
11-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Welcome, Jean. I like what you have done to this little dog. A few lines and his character shows already. Wish I could do that.

Khadres
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Welsome, Aquarelle! Cute pooch! I love the sketchy look! Welcome to this dusty corner of the forums...we have more fun over here than anywhere else! Can't wait to see more of your work!

pasta
12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
This is just adorable! Just the perfect amount of pastel on the page. I love it.
Tina

illinirule
12-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Hi Jean,
I'm a relatively new member myself-welcome! I love the dog. It's a wonderful ability to know when to stop on a piece of work. I think you hit it right on. A word of warning-I've found this site to be very addictive-proceed with caution!!
Dave