PDA

View Full Version : Holiday abstract

KathyJB
11-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Finished this this morning wondered what you all think, I usually post in watercolor but it belongs here too,

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Nov-2005/7614-holiday_abstract.jpg
Comments please,

Kat

~JON
11-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Colorful....puts me in mind of the easter holiday.

KathyJB
11-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Hello Nascent,
Yes some off season colors huh,
I was experimenting,

thanks for commenting,

Kat

simmy
11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Hi Kathy,
i really like this,looks like a big blue fish partying...might even be dancing to that song "UNder The Sea".....
Sim

KathyJB
11-29-2005, 10:41 PM
oh cool Sim your right I see that... a holiday fish LOL

Kat

simmy
11-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Kathy,
thats the magic of abstract it allows each person to connect with the painting in there own way......i have always been an abstract person though for the past 12 months or so i have been trying the realism thing and mind you not just realism but that photorealism....big sigh i think thats why when i finsih something im not happy with it.....think i will come back to abstract after i finish my first acrylic for a friend..

Sim:)

KathyJB
12-01-2005, 04:05 PM
I hear you Sim,
I return to loose watercolors all the time but not realism, I have to take on assignments because its so easy to stay abstract.
I can easily move to intuitive painting and they just doesnt sell as well but i do some for me anyhow,
i start working only three days a week next week and my goal is to contact a gallery in december,
if they approve of me it will be a wonderful christmas gift! and great beginning semi- retirement career

Thabnks for your thoughts and musings,

Kat