PDA

View Full Version : Aslan on His Throne (WIP)

BlackTigr
01-27-2002, 04:03 PM
I think that this would probably be the proper place to display this work in progress. Aslan, of C.S. Lewis' Narnia Chronicles , is a common theme in my early work, and I've decided to re-explore the subject.

This drawing was done as a favor for a livejournal friend. I haven't studied backgrounds yet, so bear with me on the chair part. (Imagine, if you will, the chair padding as velvet in a royal purple...and the chair itself a wood color.)

dnip24
01-27-2002, 09:04 PM
looks cool this lion picture! It's excellent!

Rose Queen
01-27-2002, 10:47 PM
You've captured the lion's dignity beautifully and I love the odd angle!

Andrew
01-28-2002, 09:15 AM
An interesting concept. Not how I envisioned Aslan, but very interesting. I am working (albeit slowly) on a set of garden sculptures in terra cotta based on The Chronicles of Narnia. I am still struggling with a Mr. Tumnus that I like but hey, we all have a cross to bear.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Andrew

BlackTigr
01-28-2002, 09:47 PM
Andrew, I went about looking several months ago for Narnian-themed art, but could find very little on the web. I love how each of us has a different idea of what the character would look like. Would be charmed to see your garden sculptures or other representations of your Narnian figures. Mr. Tumnus would be a complex and difficult character to capture, but I suspect you will do him justice.

As for the finished work, I suspect that I will be dragging this into PSP next, and trying to do the colors in my head justice. I doubt I'll be successful on my second try coloring something with the computer, but at least I can undo things there.

Rose Queen, you are too kind. The odd angle came from me going back to a smaller sketchbook so that I can use my 8"X11" scanner. After working with 11"X14" for a while, it was strange to be working in such a small format. I like how this turned out, but I am definitely going to have to do research on chairs, velvet, and how to fill in the background. It definitely worked for the purpose I had originally intended (to make a livejournal-type icon, which would be equivalent to a WC! tinyhead).

dnip24, I'm glad it pleased you.

Thanks, all of you.

--BT